Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Oak Creek Canyon

Well, fast forward a month and we were on a day hike at the West Fork of Oak Creek.  This has to be one of my favorite places in Arizona! Maybe because I spent time there as a kid, but I just find it so lush and beautiful!  I smile watching my kids play in the water and explore the different plants and critters along the way.  This was a perfect day for it, the trail wasn't as crowded as I've seen it before, we had some cloud cover but perfect temperatures, and no one had to be carried from being too tired!  =)


As we were hiking in to the big pool, the girls tromped through the mud - so much so that their boots and socks were soaked.  I was genuinely surprised that they actually didn't complain too much about that on the rest of the way in.

Once we got to the pool, the big girls set off to try and catch minnows and bugs, while Jaelyn plopped herself down in this flowing spot of the stream and stayed there!  The water just seemed to fascinate her.






Our wet-rat of a schnauzer!



Then I plopped down next to Jaelyn and put my camera away to enjoy the beautiful moment.


On the way out, there was much complaining about the shoe situation.  I had brought crocs, so we switched to those and appeased them somewhat. Toward the end of the trail Daddy spotted a stealthy snake in the high grasses and then picked the girls some wild blackberries - so all was right with the world again.

When we arrived home, this was the view from our driveway, and I was so happy to have my camera out to capture it!  


All around a simply beautiful day!
Signature

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Your pictures are so beautiful - I always look forward to seeing them because they capture more then a moment -they capture emotion and personality and it is as if I was there with you... That sunset picture is absolutely amazing - perfect day! Oh and I Loved the pic of your feet with Jaelyn's and you both have pretty polish on and it's just a fun picture