2. Had well-checks for the girls today. Lauren was in tears from the moment I told her where we were going! The doctor had so much compassion for her, he said he could tell she was trying SO hard to be brave. She did pretty well until the shots, four of them in her arms - screamed "Owie!!!" and turned bright red. I was really loving our pediatrician today though, he had wonderful things to say about both the girls, and about how they almost never see us in their office. After their shots (Paige only had one and didn't make a peep), he came back in with little books as gifts to the girls. Lauren managed a small "Thank you," through her tears and gasping. ;)
3. The percentiles you get at the doctor always bother me in one way or another. Of course the Dr. himself always says they look great - but I just don't like the numbers! Lauren was 50th for weight and 75th for height - like she has been forever. Paige was 30th for weight and 60th for height. That 30% bothers me a bit... just as a number. I know the girl eats Lauren under the table in all areas, so she is surely not starving! =) Of course they were both over 95th for head size -- no surprise there!
4. My parents got the girls a sandbox, and they are in heaven!
5. While I love that they have this to play in outside, I am trying to figure out the best way to get the sand off off them before they come in the house. AND they want to play in it every time they go outside, so that is a lot of dusting off and/or bathing!
6. Justin and I are going on a getaway this weekend!!! I am so excited! We haven't done anything overnight without the kids in three years, and we will get two nights away this time! We aren't going far due to the pregnancy, just up to Sedona - but the time alone will be great no matter where we are!
7. Lauren is officially in love with Polly Pockets! She was given this pool set for her birthday and then today chose to use a birthday gift card (from Uncle B and Aunt Jamie) to buy another "Polly" with lots of clothes to take on and off. She told me after playing with it for an hour and a half during Paige's nap-time today, "This is great!" Yep, just what Mommy was thinking, too!
8. I *might* have found a birth photographer!!! Don't want to jinx it or anything, so I will introduce her after everything is confirmed. VERY excited!
9. Had to pull out some parenting books this week and try to remind myself how I want to be as a parent. My train had seriously derailed recently, but after only a few chapters I am starting to feel back on track. Must keep reading. I think it is so important to keep feeding helpful things into our thoughts so that everything else doesn't block out what is truly important! I need to just keep a child-rearing book out on the table all the time and pick it up whenever I can! Plus, Dr. Leaman's books make me laugh too, "We have seen the enemy... and they are small." LOL!
10. Starting to feel bruised from the inside out! This baby girl (that we still haven't chosen a name for) is strong! I don't recall having to brace myself because of pain from kicking in my other pregnancies. ;oP But, it is always reassuring to know she is happily flopping around in there!