2. Paige refuses to talk when prompted, except to say Daddy. She has said plenty of words, when she feels like it... but if I hold up a duck (which she has said a dozen times) and say, "Paige, duck. Can you say duck?" she will SCREAM and shake her head no at me. Do we think she *might* be the stubborn one??? Eeek!
3. The other day for lunch I made this:
And it was fabulous! So, I have to share how simple and easy it is!!!
Mix together the following:
1 can Cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
1 can tuna packed in OLIVE OIL, undrained
Salt & Pepper to taste
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
I jazzed mine up with some shredded basil leaves, capers, and cherry tomatoes. One day I ate half of it on whole grain crackers and the second day I ate the rest on a bed of baby spinach leaves. VERY quick lunch, yummy, and healthy!
4. Lauren is going to have a "Fancy Nancy" birthday party - and she is so excited! We have been going through the books talking about what she can wear, what guests can wear, how we will decorate... and I am shocked at how into it she is! I am planning out a special invitation in Photoshop, so I will make sure and post it here after they have been sent out.
5. We have put an offer on the house we are renting, and are waiting (sort-of patiently) to hear back from the bank. In the meantime, we have eight more houses to see on Friday morning. Looking at houses used to be so fun to me... now, I have no desire to see what I can find WRONG with the next house. Seriously, there are very few things to ooh and ahhh over, and lots of things to wrinkle up your nose and think, "Now how much will it cost to fix THAT?!?"
6. We went to the Outdoor Expo at Ben Avery Shooting Range on Saturday morning. Justin was in heaven looking at all the hunting options and gear. The AZ herpetological society was there, and Lauren got to go into the strangest petting zoo I have ever seen. There was a tortoise, a python, a monitor, some kind of smaller snake, and an ALLIGATOR. The 'gator's mouth was taped shut and kids were just touching it freely. Lauren was not afraid of any of the animals, and practically went swimming in the monitor's plastic pool. And me, awesome mom that I am... without my camera. So, you will have to just imagine Lauren petting an alligator. That should be easy enough. Right?
7. I am very disappointed in myself, but I have fully given over to dressing the girls in leggings. Almost.Every.Day. I am not going to pretend that I think they are "adorable", but they are SO functional! Soft and easy for the girls to play in, they are MUCH more convienent than pants! Still, every time I look at them dressed in their leggings I have to snicker and think about when I was 12 years old! The only benefit to it getting warmer here is that dresses are even easier playwear than leggings, so I can then move on!
8. Does anyone have good suggestions on how to teach preschoolers to clean up after themselves? Our playroom is constantly a disaster, and while I know Paige has a while to learn still - Lauren knows that messes have to be cleaned up, but she doesn't self-motivate! I have to be in there with her, talking her through what she can be cleaning up while I am helping. This tactic works, but I wonder at what age I can say, "Go put your toys away before dinner."
9. Lauren is a flower girl in four days! She is sufficiently pumped up about it -- so, here is hoping that she's able to follow through and not choose to sit down during the ceremony or stick her tounge out at anyone. Regardless of how it turns out, I promise to have plenty of pictures to share!
10. I read an article about the popularity of blogging the other day and read something interesting. This study showed that people are motivated to write their journal in public by a sense of community. We tell our story and feel accepted when people comment on it. The commenting part is the critical part. They said that people who do not recieve regular comments on their blogs give it up in less than a year. They do not feel loved or like part of the online community. I thought that was SO interesting!!! With that in mind, I will be commenting more often... because I love all the blogs I follow and want you to know I appreciate you being open with me about yourselves!