Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter

We were able to go visit my family in Las Vegas for Easter this year.  The girls had a blast, as usual - and Justin and I were able to sneak a date in, which is always appreciated!!!

First - dying the eggs:


Do you like Lauren's makeshift apron?  Two old dinner napkins tied together - my mom is so clever!  Paige liked hers so much, she insisted on wearing it like a cape after we put her shirt back on.  =)


Daddy teaching Paige how NOT to dye eggs... by using your finger.  Ahem.



Easter morning, they were thrilled that the Bunny found them all the way in Vegas!


Those baskets were so neat!  The girls love them.


Justin was disgusted that I let the girls dive into a third of their Reese's Bunnies right away.  In my defense, they didn't even finish what I gave them.  *snerk*


Lauren, slipping into a chocolate coma and using her basket as a pillow.

After breakfast, it was time to go see what the Bunny left in the yard!


Paige's cheesy smile:


Lauren's compliant smile:


Do you see the big red mark under her nose?  No idea.  The girls shared a bed for the first time, and every morning they woke up with a new scratch or scrape and even bigger circles under their eyes.  And I even brought the baby monitor to try and spy on them.  Whatever they were doing, it was super quiet!!!


Counting her "pennies".  Every coin is a penny to Paige right now!

The girls were equally thrilled that the Bunny made a second stop for them at home!  How did these kids get so lucky?!?  


Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!!!

3 comments:

the swope family said...

Love all the candy they got! I am sure they were in heaven! The boys got more toys than candy and still I get to hear, "Can I have some Easter candy?" all day long!

Also, love Paige's cheesy smile!

Anonymous said...

so cute! hope your mom and dad are doing well. I love seeing the girls doing their thing! :)

Catina said...

Adorable pix :)
It's crazy, but I didn't realize until this year that some kids actually believe in the Easter Bunny like they believe in Santa Claus. Funny :) Next thing you're going to tell me is that they actually believe in the Tooth Fairy too :) jk When I was around five years old my brother told me who Santa Claus was. Maybe that's why I never believed in the others :)

As for the marks on their faces, I'm going with them sleeping head to foot and kicking each other at night. I'm probably wrong about the head to foot but I wanted to guess anyway :)