Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Patch - take two



I have come to realize something.  I am not a very good blogger.

Shocking for you to hear, I am sure.  ;)  

But I have decided to try and be okay with that.  It is what it is.  And I am just happy for whatever I am able to get on here at all!  Hopefully my girls will love it someday.  

I don't have a good transition, just wanted to get that off my chest - so we are just going to move on.
.
.
.

Last weekend, Justin was deer hunting (no dice there) - so I took the girls to the Botanical Garden's pumpkin festival.  We are members, so entry and pumpkins for each child were free.  LOVE free!  

First we played all the games, and the girls walked away with lots of goodies.

Toss the birdy:



Fun game!  Concept?  A little weird.

Pumpkin bowling:


Paige did really well on that one!

I was so glad we went first thing in the morning!  It was really nice out still, and not too crowded.


Then we grabbed a cotton-candy treat and ate it while waiting in line for the hayride that takes you out to the pumpkin patch, where you pick your pumpkins.  That was the point where I had to park my stroller and haul all three kids around alone.  We did okay, but not my favorite way to do pumpkins -- that's for sure!

We trekked through the hay maze to find our perfect pumpkins.


Then the girls spotted the petting zoo.

Forget about the pumpkins, this was the reason we were here!  


They are farm girls at heart, I tell you.


There was an adult woman who kept asking Lauren to hold the chicken lower, over here, etc so her son could pet it.  She must not have been a farm girl at heart.  Ha!

Then we attempted pictures.

First my picture-hating Paigey!


Compliant Lauren.


And just-happy-to-finally-be-let-down-for-a-second Jaelyn.


Then we waited in another line to get back on the hayride that would take us back to the main area.

Kind of like Disneyland, this festival.


The girls did great though - with the help of that cotton-candy, and the promise of a little stop into our favorite area of the gardens.


Little girl heaven!


All in all a fun fall day! 

That is, if 93 degrees is considered fall.

But we will take what we can get!  =)

Signature

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm totally in awe of you taking three kids by yourself for an outing (that also including cotton candy!). How do you do it?! I'm sometimes frazzled by the end of my 90 minute Zoo visit with just one child. You rock! Loved the pics. What great memories!!
Love you,
Carrie

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Fun! And extra bonus points for doing it alone! We did the pumpkin patch/local festival minus Brig this year...it's a lot of work! :) Your girls look beautiful as always. Jaelyn is adorable! Love that shes starting to keep up with her sisters! :)