Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

On Sunday we carved our pumpkins -- or rather, Justin carved the pumpkins!  He lets the girls pick out the face they want and then he goes to work while the rest of us watch, play, and cook pumpkin seeds. =)  We carve so close to Halloween to keep the pumpkins from shriveling and molding in our 85 degree weather!


The girls did try their hand at the "lite-brite" set for pumpkins that Grandma Linda sent.


It was a little too difficult for them to be able to hammer in, but they had fun trying!


I was helping them on and off, and turned around to see Jaelyn eating raw pumpkin off the scraper.


That girl is funny.  I can't even get her to eat peaches... but raw pumpkin is okay?!?  

The big girls with their finished kitty-cat:


Our skeleton we made out of paper plates!


The complete pumpkin set:


Justin always does a great job!

Here's the girls all ready for trick or treating!


Lauren the skeleton:


Jaelyn the fish:


I loved this costume.  Until Justin said it looked like a carp.  Hmmph!


It really is a shame she was in the stroller the whole time.  She made such a cute fishy!

Paige the cat:


She was so happy with her choice!  I kept finding her in the bathroom staring at her makeup.

One more of the fish... the back fin and tail were a crack up!  She kept falling over from them though.


Our friends the Swopes were here to trick-or-treat together, which always makes it much more fun for all involved!  


After about an hour and a half we headed home to check our haul.


It was ridiculous!  So.much.candy.  I had made a deal with the girls that they could eat three pieces (they actually go more like five) and then give the rest to us in exchange for the toy of their choice at Toy's R Us.  I was shocked that they were super into it and couldn't wait to hand over the chemicals candy.


And some candy-grinch in the neighborhood gave our kids a crumbled pack of saltine crackers.  


Seriously?!?  That's just wrong.
Signature

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Oh.My.Goodness!!! Those costumes all are perfect - suit each kid to a T! LOVE your paper plate skeleton, too - that looks like a lot of fun, er work... ha! You got some good candy loot! I feel the same way about the loads of chemicals and food dyes. I like your idea of trading it for a toy... may be taking that one! Love you!

Carrie said...

Maybe the saltine owner was thinking it might settle their little stomachs after all the sweets of the night. Ha!! I remember getting a toothbrush once when I was a kid. I also remember getting baked goods like chocolate chip cookies (unwrapped!) and popcorn balls. Talk about weird loot!
The kids and pumpkins look great!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Such cute costumes! I love Skeleton Lauren! I want my kids to dress up like some scary ghoul but they always pick a superhero or movie character.
Anyway, I never knew a skeleton could look so sweet. :)