Friday, December 21, 2012

Trimming the tree

This year we bought a real tree at CostCo again, and it was quite the deal for a beautiful 7-8 ft full tree! We weren't ready to fork out the moo-lah for a nice fake tree quite yet... so this seemed like a great idea.

Never-mind now that it is dead.  I mean, crispy-crunchy don't-touch-it-or-the-floor-will-fill-with-needles dead!  Not sure if it was my fault of not watering it well, our crazy back and forth weather, or just my black thumb rearing its ugly head -- but our tree no longer makes the house smell, and it's not very pretty to look at.  This was one of the last ones CostCo had, and they wouldn't have gotten more - so we had no real choice in the matter (other than maybe buying it somewhere else, but that thought isn't helping matters).  So I NEED to post these pictures to remember that we HAD a beautiful tree!








I hope your tree still smells like pine!  ;o)
Signature

1 comment:

Tamara said...

LOVE the photos - love Jaelyn's sweet little baby fingers hanging her 1st Christmas ornament and the look on Paige's face - so intent and focused as she put her ornament on - and Jaelyn's bangs trimmed - can she get any cuter??! I am so glad I am not the only one with a completely dead dead tree - so dead. The thing had to go - I had visions of making it a New Year's tree with little balloons blown up filled with small surprises and white twinkling lights and sparkling ornaments (yeah its a Pinterest thing), but alas the poor tree had to go... TODAY... crazy! And as for the reason for it's dead... I'm blaming it on our puppy Riley who totally thought that was his personal water dish and though I filled it daily he managed to guzzle that water quicker then I could keep up apparently - maybe there is something to pine flavored water we are missing out on - ha! Love you and love your family so much!