Friday, May 24, 2013

Lauren and family's day-of-FUN!

If you don't understand the Friends reference in that title... I am sorry.  Go watch reruns of Friends.  Man, I miss that show!

For Lauren's birthday we decided to do all the things she wanted to do for the day!  We started out with breakfast of her choice, waffles with blueberries and sausage.


Then she opened her first gift, a new outfit in her favorite color:


She is so big I can hardly stand it!  

Then we headed to the play-place of her choice:


Good old "pump it up"!  Probably my least favorite play-place on the planet, but going to open jump at 10AM on a Monday morning was much more bearable!

All the PIU pictures are in black and white because the light is beyond horrible in there! 



This was just cracking me up!



Then we headed to the mall, where the birthday girl chose Johnny Rocket's for lunch!


After which we headed to get her ears pierced!  I was truly shocked when she came up with this idea a few weeks before her birthday, because she typically avoids any discomfort at all (I have no idea where she gets that from).  But, she was pretty excited!


Until they got started...


The suspicion began with the dots being marked on her ears...


She managed to hold back the tears.  It was nerves!


The second ear required a little more concentration to get through. 


And then they were in!  And she was a happy girl again after that!


Then we headed home for the younger two to nap while Lauren and I headed to Toy's R Us to use her birthday money from Aunt RaRa and her $3 birthday coupon!  Then she was able to play with some of the things she had opened the day before as well as her new finds.  

Then it was on to a dinner of spaghetti, her absolute fave!  And more cake.


And then more gifts, including a big surprise!


She literally danced around and declared it to be "the best day ever"!  


Music to my mama ears!  =)

Then she was off!



Someone else was pretty excited about that bike too, because it meant now she gets to ride the old one!




She did really great right away!

And that was that!  We had a wonderful day together.

Happy birthday, sweet Lauren!  We love you "all the way to heaven and back"!


Signature

2 comments:

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Oh my goodness! She looks so tall! I can hardly believe she is so old!!!!!
As beautiful as ever too.
Looks like a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading about the great story about your ODD getting her ears pierced as part of her birthday celebration. Your story reminded of a funny experience of mine when we pierced our ODD's ears at 4 yrs.

After piercing our ODD's ears, dh was at work and we came home surprising him. He loved them! What happened next surprised me. Dh asked why we hadn't had both our YDD's ears pierced! I was totally taken by surprise. I didn't know what to say, but then our 4 yr said chimed in that she wanted her two baby sisters, age 2 and six months to have matching earrings like hers. My family was ganging up on me! Admittedly, I hadn't even thought of doing it, but the manager at Piercing Pagoda said they were having a 50% off sale on a second pair of earrings if you purchased a pair of piercing earrings. Let's see, that meant I could have both girls pierced for the price of one. Now everyone wanted my toddler and baby girl to have their ears pierced! What could I do?

Well, I asked our ped and she encouraged me to do my other girls saying it was better when mommy cares for them. Guess what...all of my girls got their ears pierced ears. All my girls are adorable with little earrings.

I never broached the subject thinking dh would never agree to having our toddler and baby's ears pierced. However, I was super surprised when my ODD brought up the subject.

Don't know if you considered having your younger girls ears pierced too. However, if it crossed your mind, then I'd say it may be your mommy intuition telling you to let it happen.

Amy
amyswor@hotmail.com