Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mother's Day

Come the second week of May, we have the Beeler-trifecta. Typically, Mother's Day, Justin's birthday, and Lauren's birthday all fall in the same week.  This year they were three days in a row.  It was exhausting.  :)

On Mother's Day, Justin's parents were visiting and we invited his sister's family over in the morning for brunch before church. We celebrated Tyler and Lauren's birthdays, which we both the following day!


My silly Paige:


Almost 8-year-old Lauren:


I love that she still isn't worried about her grown-up teeth when smiling! I can remember being SO self conscious about them as a kid, and I hope she continues to be confident through her smile!  Praying no one makes her feel bad about them in the meantime... I think that was what started me on the smile-with-my-lips-tight phase of my life.

Oh, and my Jaelyn:


That girl kills me. In a good way. ;)

Lauren blowing out her share of the candles...


I didn't get anything nearly as embarrassing of Tyler. 

Darn.


The only picture taken of me on Mother's Day, by my hubby... bless him for trying!


Which just reiterates my point that having a "good camera" does NOT mean you will take good photographs.  But that is another ranting-blog-post all together!

That night, we had the Swopes over for our Sunday night ritual! It is so great to spend time with them on a weekly basis!  Just love their family!  

Lauren loves them so much, that she wanted to have her cake while they were there instead of on her birthday the next day.



Don't worry, there were plenty of leftovers for the actual birthday.

And the next week after that!

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!
Signature

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Lauren in the first person I have seen with grown up teeth as big as Jackson, and I LOVE IT! I have tiny teeth, and I am envious of all people with big teeth and big smiles!!!! So, I think Lauren and Jackson should marry when they are 40 and have big teeth babies!!! :-) Happy Birthday! Where did our babies go?