Thursday, August 14, 2008

Beach Retreat

We just got back from a relaxing beach vacation with our good friends, the Swope family - it was amazing! Both girls really loved the water and the sand!


Paige's first time at the ocean


Lauren loved playing in the waves


Happy girl with sand EVERYWHERE! Amazingly, she never complained about the sand on her face, and hands, and feet... and in her mouth... ;o)


Lauren stopping to give me a quick pose. She always had a great time but stressed Mommy out a little by getting so distracted with playing that she would NOT listen!


Daddy and Paige playing. Love her crazy hair!!!


Lauren did not really like Daddy burying her. She stayed put just long enough for a picture and then clambered out like her life depended on it!


Lauren and Porter playing in the sand. I think two seconds after this they were pouring sand on each other's heads. Fun times!


She was thrilled when I showed her how to "draw" in the wet sand.


These pictures just help me to relax all over again! What a great vacation!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Beautiful!!!

Tamara said...

This needs to be blown up and framed - beautiful in white and love the composition - SO much better than the all in black look - your girls look angelic - I would love a copy of this pic to put up!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! What beach did you go to? Brig was in charge of picking our vacations this year so we got a ski trip and a camping trip. I told him next year I get to pick and a beach trip is just what the doctor ordered. :)

Claire said...

Mission Beach - I would totally recommend it! It was not very crowded at all!

Jen said...

can I just say the last picture of the whole family better be your Christmas card picture!!!! I LOVE IT!!