Thursday, October 23, 2008

Paige's haircut

Well, it was finally time to give Paige her first haircut. She is now to the stage that she pulls whatever bow, hair tie, clip, or headband I choose out of her hair and then tries to eat it. After several weeks of watching her crawl around with hair over her eyes, I gave in to the bangs. As many of you know, I am always going back and forth with Lauren's bangs - but bangs are in this season! ;o)

The before shots:


She was not too happy about all this. Tail. The #1 reason Justin was ready to cut her hair.


After:


Not TOO crooked on the bangs... And the tail is gone!
Now, if you are thinking the bangs are TOO short and kind of crooked - I agree! However, cutting a ten-month-old's hair is no simple task! And, I think I did much better than Lauren's first haircut! Exhibit A:


Yeeeeeeaaah... MUCH better. Seriously, was I cutting them blindfolded?!?

And in case you are wondering - Lauren is NOT ten months old in this picture. Our sweet pea was born with a crazy amount of hair and had to have her first bangs cut in at six months old. For comparisons sake, I will end with a picture of Lauren at the same age Paige is now - 10 months, 3 weeks.


Yeppers, the child had a BOB at 10 months old! But it looks like I'd gotten the hang of the bang cutting thing by that point! ;o) Hopefully Paige will have this much hair by her second birthday!

2 comments:

Jen said...

my professional opinion says you did a great job!! now Lauren's........ hmmmmm.... not so much!! hehehe
don't worry you did a good job, I might need you to work weekends for me to do kids' hair k!! Getting rid of the "tail" was a wise choice!! :)

Anonymous said...

I think you should have left the tail and dressed her up 80's punk style for Halloween. :)

I hadn't considered the fact that bang cutting goes along with girls. Yikes! I better start practicing!