Thursday, October 16, 2008

So yesterday I tested out my craftiness, and it turns out I am not completely un-crafty! My girls have SO much hair, we have accumulated a multitude of clippies and other hair accessories (not to mention my OBSESSION with them!). But I am never able to find the clip I am looking for, even though we have these little drawers to put them in, and a basket for the big bows and hairbands. Every time I am in a kid's boutique I see "bow holders" and drool over them. Wednesday was one such day. I loved the idea of hanging something on the wall that would hold the bows in plain sight - BUT I was not thrilled at the idea of spend $25+ on said ribbon attached to a giant flower.

Then, while perusing the clearance end caps at Target (which I highly recommend), I found this little princess wall plaque for five bucks. It's missing one of the sequins - but I decided that was well worth the 50% off. I must have been channeling Martha Stewart (er, maybe her slightly less crafty younger sister... Molly Stewart?) because I suddenly had a vision of this:


I already had my ribbon at home, purchased long ago on a whim that I would find ways to be crafty with it. Turned out pretty good for five bucks and ten minutes of my time! Maybe there is something to this crafty thing after all, it feels quite rewarding! Side note - my girls have waaaaaay too many bows and clips. I mean they each only have one head! Three ribbons were required?!? Those $25 things only had ONE. Maybe I should start making my own bows. Maybe not...

Well, if you read all of that, you deserve at least one shot of a cute kiddo. So here's Miss Paige helping Mommy sort through the bow basket:


Never mind that she is surrounded by twenty headbands that Lauren won't leave on for more than fifteen minutes. I am hopeful that Paige will be my headband girl!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Ooooh, I love it!!! I have a bow collection that is similar to yours, and Tyler won't wear bows, usually requests headbands, one day, right?????

the swope family said...

LOVE IT! Not something I will be dealing with, unless we decide to try again, but I'm channeling your crafty idea if we do end up with a girl someday!

Tamara said...

True that! At least your bows and headbands are in a pretty basket - my girls are stuffed in an old wet wipe box and I NEVER use them! It's pony tail holders and a few fun clippies and that is about it - but I have drawers full of hair stuff - organized as it will get here! Love you and loved your post - funny about the Molly Stewart comment - you crack me up.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am very impressed! I just might have to steal that perfect idea for Eden's hair accessories.