Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ten on... eh, whatever day it is!

1.  I apologize for my absence around here.  Things have been crazy busy what with editing for clients and card design, our own Christmas preparations, and end of the year business stuff.  I didn't really realize how much I was adding to December with starting my own business!!!

2.  Because of #1, my house has really fallen by the wayside.  Today will be the day to attack mountains of laundry and hunt down all those elusive dust bunnies!!!  I want a maid for Christmas.  Does Santa bring those?

3.  We are doing Elf on the Shelf this year - and it cracks.me.up!  Lauren loves hunting for Sprinkley every morning, and she talks to her throughout the day.  When I had my first OB appointment and showed Lauren the little ultrasound print out, she immediately asked if she could insisted she show it to Sprinkley!  The funniest thing about it to me... she opted to just ask the Elf to tell Santa what she wanted this year, instead of going to see him herself!  Since I knew Santa would be a freak-out moment for Paige this year, I was more than happy to give that up!

4.  Fifteen days until Christmas, people!  15!!!  Ack.

5.  As mentioned in #3, I had my first OB appointment and ultrasound last week.  I would like to mention there is ONLY ONE BABY, praise God!  And it looks perfect in size and development!  Music to my ears!!!

6.  I want a birth photographer for this baby, but there just aren't any to be found!  Why hasn't anyone tapped into this amazing opportunity in Phoenix?!?

7.  I love that Colleen always Tweets about the news - if it weren't for her, I would be totally unaware of everything going on.  I am so happy to live in my bubble, though.  I don't miss cable TV at all (okay, other than FOOD NETWORK)!

8.  Anyone know any cute holiday craft ideas?  I want to do something with the girls, but I don't know what.  It needs to be appropriate for a two year old...

9.  I am getting my hair done tomorrow!!!  I love getting my hair done... I feel pretty for a few days.  Fresh and fun.  I don't plan on cutting much off, but I do plan on going dark - like back to my roots DARK.  Prenatal vitamins are great and all -- but they make my hair grow like crazy, and I can't take the constant roots looking greasy and nasty.  So next time you see me, I will be a brunette.  Any wagers on how long it will last this time?  Hee hee!

10.  We are trying to sell Lauren's bed and dresser on craiglist - and again, I really dislike dealing with buyers/sellers on craigslist!!!  People are flaky, rude, scammers.... and on and on.  Anyone need a twin captains bed and dresser with cute flowers painted on them?  Go here - there would be a discount involved!

Have a great weekend everyone!  (That is my way of saying I probably won't be on here again until Monday. Maybe I will be wrong... but I'm not promising!)  =)

5 comments:

Micaila said...

Yay for a healthy baby! I totally hear you with the no-cable. I do miss Nat-Geo, TLC and Discovery, but other than those, I don't miss it all that much. We are actually getting our money's worth out of our Netflix subscription now (and that is like 1/5 the cost of cable!). Hmm Birth Photographer, I'd volunteer but I'm a lousy photographer. I will ask our Bradley teacher, who is also a doula, if she knows of anyone.

the swope family said...

I want #2 also! Please, if you happen to see Santa, tell him I want to be on THAT list!!! :)

Colleen said...

Could you teach me enough so that I could do it before July? I would be totally down with photographing the experience!

Um, I would like #2, and I will GLADLY take donations for a new phone, can you imagine all the news updates you would get if I could do it from my phone! HOLLA!

Katie Thomson said...

I am glad there is only ONE perfect little healthy baby inside! YAY! (Still have my fingers crossed for boy!) I just love babies! :o)
Do you get to go to the fun hospital where they play the cute music when the baby is born? TOO CUTE! I was there yesterday....it was a baby day!

Carrie said...

great post! Glad to hear about the one baby! Yes, I would like a maid from Santa too. Maybe if I tell Santa that I've been nice AND my house is only 800 sq/ft, he'd actually come through. But then he might look at me and say, "Woman, your house is only 800 sq/ft, why can't you clean it yourself?" And then I'd have to go to jail for Santa assault.