Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ten on Tuesday - the things you missed while I was MIA

1. Wow! What a month December turned out to be! I was literally buried underneath a to-do list that just never got done. Today, I managed to get the critical things off of that list, so now I can trickle in some fin things like blogging while I try to tackle the rest of that ever-growing list! So todays TonT is all the things I don't want to leave out from this last month!

2. We kept our tradition of building a gingerbread house this year, and it turned out to be quite the elaborate undertaking!!!





3. Then there was a trip to Payson to visit with family, which is always fun!










4. We baked cookies for Santa... and ourselves. ;o) Here are the girls not-so-patiently watching the mixer do its thing:


and then enjoying the fruits of their labor!



That has to be my favorite picture of the month!

5. On Christmas Eve, Lauren played the angel in the nativity scene -- I will try to upload a little video of that another day! Then we went to Jen & Shawn's to enjoy a family dinner.



6. Of course, Christmas morning at home was a blast. We love watching the kids be all excited, while the smell of sticky buns and coffee lingers in the air. :o)






7. Then we drove to Las Vegas to see my family for a couple of days - one of which included a trip to see the light display at Ethel M's chocolate factory. So fun, and a free sample to boot! YUM!



8. We came home and received our new iMac the next day. I would just like to say, if you are hesitating to make the switch to a mac product because you think you have to relearn everything... I would say just go TRY one! I am amazed how quickly I have become comfortable with the typical daily functions - I still have a lot to learn, but it is much easier than I was anticipating. And this thing is just awesome! Love it! Love!!!

9. We also managed to sell Lauren's old bedroom furniture, which meant running to the store for paint and calling in a very reliable friend for help so that we could paint and get the new furniture in place in ONE DAY. Yay! Here is the result:







Yes, it is very pink. But Lauren loves it, and I actually like it! It doesn't feel overwhelming when you are in the room, it just feels warm and girly. It's fun, and we like fun! I also love having real color on the walls and not just a hint... it feels like much more of a statement. Maybe the girls' statement is, "I am a princess, hear me roar!" ;o)

10. We also bought a new desk and took over a little corner of the playroom as my "office". It is too messy in here for a picture today, but I will get one up soon. It has been really nice to have a space where I can be near the kids and get some work done too. They love it and so do I!

Hope you all had a wonderful christmas and New Year! I hope to be writing much more very soon!









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep. licking the beater is the best!

Tamara said...

Wow - such a great catch up - loved all of the pictures - the matching Christmas p.j.'s, the licking of the beater, the new room, the cute family pics - so glad you finally came back to blog-land! I've MISSED you! BTW, where do you buy your gingerbread house kit? Taylor thinks yours looks way cooler then ours - she likes the bricks on the front of yours... do tell...

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

k---so you ARE alive! :) Glad you had a happy Christmas albeit a busy one.