Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Updating

The weeks and months just seem to zoom by and I suddenly remember, "I have a blog!"  LOL!  Am I the only one who feels like a day can drag on endlessly and yet be gone in a blink at the same time?!?  Hmm... Maybe that is my hormones talking...

We had an at home day today to try and catch up a bit.  I really don't like days at home.  I get cabin fever instantaneously.  Like, if I know I am going to be home all day, I have this itch to go out somewhere from 7am on!  Because I know I'm not.  I wish that didn't happen, but it does.

ANYway, back to my update.  I broke out the ladybug tent, took the girls outside, had them "help" me fold laundry, and broke out the Color Wonder markers - all in an effort to keep them occupied for more than three seconds.  The markers seemed to work the best...



Does anyone else LOVE this invention?!?  I am sure there is something toxic about them that we just don't know about yet, but they are amazing.  I have a hard time even placing crayons in the hands of my two year old (this only happens if I know a fresh Magic Eraser waits under the counter.  Another amazing invention that I am sure must be bad for us in some way!), let alone markers.  And since Paige would rather take all the caps on and off then do much actual coloring, these work out great for Mommy and her!

Lauren is doing much better about wanting to color in the lines, and wanting to color an entire picture, not just the tiniest things on the page!



She now declares that she has three favorite Princesses: Aurora, Ariel and Snow White.  Aurora because she wears pink (shocker), Ariel because she lives with fish, and Snow White because... she's new.

And that is marketing tactics working their magic people!

We also embarked on another adventure this week --



I am trying the "undies only while we are home" as potty training for Paige.  We had two accidents in the first four hours.  *sigh*  But, we are on our way.  I just hope to have the majority of it accomplished before baby #3 gets here.  I am sure six months is not long enough, but we will give it the old college try!

Speaking of #3, I am having crazy craving moments with this pregnancy.  I never really had more than the occasional craving before.  This is like, "I MUST EAT CHEESE, NOW!!!"  Still, pickles are my #1 craving as before, but I have also had garlic, salami, soup, salad dressing, and sugar.  Individually, not together.  No weird combinations for me!  I could go for some soup right now though!!!

While we were waiting for the mac-n-cheese to cook at lunch today I grabbed a few shots of my beauties.  I am trying to teach myself how to edit RAW images instead of just JPEGs, so this was my first effort.  It was not nearly as difficult as I imagined, and RAW lends to so much more editing possibilities!  I plan to work on it a lot more and shoot all in RAW by March!  I find it funny though, that by editing these individually - I liked Lauren so much cooler and Paige so much warmer.  Just goes to show my inconsistencies!






With that, I am off to have a pickle!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Oh my goodness, my nieces are SOOOO beautiful and the pic of Paige in her undies -- I seriously felt like I was looking at Justin in a wig - very weird - I stared at it forever... but the last shot of her - the warm one - her smile -- wow she is cute! I know the itch feeling to get out, but most days for me I am so happy to be home because I love the quiet and the avoidance of rain and not having to try to force myself not to spend money. I have learned to thoroughly embrace the messes that come with my girls - I just get out the craft stuff - yes, markers, sparkly glue on beads, glue, pens, crayons - everything awful you can imagine - we just put it out on the table and it keeps them busy and happy for hours and when it is all said and done I clean -- I'm so good at picking up the big stuff, sweeping up and tossing the crap stuff, and I find that pretty much anything comes off with warm water and a quick spray of some "probably-toxic" all-purpose cleaner and a bath for the girls. And what doesn't come off, I say it adds character to my "charming" furniture - ha! Embrace the age of preschoolers - all too soon they won't enjoy sitting down and playing with markers and doing projects by your side. By the way, thank you for the Vitamin D link - it was long but I did watch it - very interesting - I'm thinking about asking Bill to get me a commercial tanning bed for Valentine's Day - seriously... I'm still waiting on my results - ugh - takes forever it seems!

Micaila said...

The girls are so beautiful and getting so big! And I totally hear you about the cheese. When I was pg it was pizza(which is mostly cheese) and cheese! And well, I just like pickles all the time, but I think when you're pg your body must crave salty things or something. There must be a physical explanation, I'm sure of it!

Carrie said...

The pictures are gorgeous! My got-to-have-it craving was McDonald's soft serve ice cream cones. (YUCK.) Tasted like a million bucks to me at the time though! haha. Potty training already...Paige is getting so big!