Monday, July 12, 2010

200

I was trying to save this, my 200th post for announcing the baby's arrival - but she appears to be content to hang out in my belly for the time being!  I have been contracting for several days now and keep thinking "today is the day" to no avail.  I am starting to wonder how long I might have been laboring with my other pregnancies had I not gone in to have my water broken!


Anyway, an update on the girls:  They are both very excited to see the baby and love to point out babies wherever we go!  Lauren is looking enormous to me, so tall and pretty.  She is not at all excited about starting Kindergarten in five weeks - but we are working on it!  When we talk about it, Paige always pipes up that she is going to go to school too -- which could be loads of fun to deal with.  ;o)  Paige has been doing great with potty training, finally!  She has decided she doesn't like to wear pull-ups or diapers, so that has been a HUGE motivation for her!  Mommy could not be more happy about that development!  Just in the nick of time.

Here are the girls in their 4th of July outfits:


Things around here have been very low-key in anticipation of Jaelyn's arrival.  We have been hanging close to home, walking anywhere we can find air-conditioning, and trying to make sure we have the house is as much order as possible.  It has been hard, I feel pretty isolated and out of the loop... and I know it will only get worse in the first few weeks after having a newborn!  The girls have been really flexible though, and for that I am very grateful.  I am so blessed to have these awesome kiddos!!!

Signature

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the picture of the girls' hands on your stomach! So sweet! I hope that things will go quickly for you now. The anticipation during my "overdue" week was enough to drive me crazy! I just kept hoping and praying that Brielle would come before I had to be induced and couldn't wait to see her sweet little face. Yea for Paige on the no pull-ups/diapers!!

Carrie said...

Love the pics! The girls are absolutely beautiful! Looking forward to seeing Jaelyn's face, not as much as you at this point, I"m sure! Hang in there! I love you much!
XOXO Carrie

Tamara said...

Beautiful girls - especially love Paige's big eyes in the first one of them in their most adorable 4th of July outfits - she just looks so happy and so bright-eyed and just a little too cute... and then Lauren... how do first borns just look like first borns in their looks... she just does -- looks growner upper... my word... adorable baby belly pic - you are an amazing photographer!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Hang in there kiddo! You are beautiful, you have a beautiful family...and a cute little baby bound to pop out any time now. Life will be normal before you know it. We're all thinking of you and sending lots of love your direction. And you better ask for help if you need it! That's an order!!!!!!! ;)

Catina said...

Soon... Soon... Soon...
Yeah :) The girls look so cute :)