Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A difficult goodbye...



On Friday morning we had to say farewell to the beloved furry member of our family, our sweet Daisy.  She suddenly became sick early in the week, and it was obvious that she wouldn't be with us much longer. This gave us time to prepare the girls, and they have done very well - death isn't a reality for them still.  It is still very hard for Justin and I, as our house just seems empty without her in it.  Daisy was a huge part of our family for nearly nine years - and I wanted to take a moment to remember her here, on our family blog.


The above picture was the day we picked her up from the breeder, in a PetSmart parking lot in Mesa.  She was so little and very timid -- it took some time for her to adjust to being away from her mom and siblings.  She was our first "baby" and went everywhere with us that pets were allowed!  


She was truly a sweet dog.  She loved to bark, as all Schnauzers do... but aside from that small inconvenience, she was the perfect pet for our family!  She loved us, and our girls - tolerating them from day one: climbing all over her, pulling at her, putting dress up stuff on her, and generally torturing her!



A wonderful companion, you would always find her in the same room with you, content just to be near the action.  She knew what was comfortable, and preferred to sit in the girls soft chairs, or to lay on as many pillows as she could find!  Such a funny girl.


We love you dearly and will miss you, Daisy-dog.  
You were a blessing to each of us, and we are thankful we were able to enjoy you as long as we did!


Signature

6 comments:

Colleen said...

AWWWWWwww. . .and now I am crying over a dog! I guess I am not as heartless as some like to think! I am so sorry for your loss!

the swope family said...

We loved Daisy-dog too! We'll miss her greeting each time we arrive at your home! Praying for time to help heal this wound. Love you!

Justin said...

Great, now I'm crying at work. Well done honey - a good tribute to Daisy. Its definitely hard to see pictures of her like that. I think I'm going to very excited for Christmas to get here. As hard as it is to lose a friend, I miss having that companion in my life even more.

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

So sad to hear. You guys are the 4th friends in about a month to suddenly lose their sweet pet! I remember when you guys got Daisy and she was your only baby...so sweet, so cute. My heart goes out to you.

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry. She was such a sweetheart.

Tamara said...

Beautiful post and I loved remembering the years gone by - she has such a sweet little face and I love the pillow pic - perfect capture of her!