Sunday, November 14, 2010

SO far behind...

I just realized I haven't posted the whole time Justin has been gone hunting!  I just didn't seem to have any extra time this go-round.  I made this whole list of things to get done while he was gone... why do I do that?  Like him not being here is going to actually afford me EXTRA time?  Right.  No - I am exhausted at the end of he day and crawl into bed wondering where the time went.  Not that that is any different than any other day.  Sheesh - Motherhood is hard!  

"That that"?  Can I say that?  I mean, is it acceptable?  Who knows.  Not me.  Again... tired... 

Anyway, six days ago the girls and I made turkey hats while Justin was at softball.  It was really fun, and they have gotten a lot of use out of them this week!  =)

This one makes me smile:


I love that huge grin!  Especially since she gives me such forced smiles these days.  

What's that?  The scratch on her neck?  Thanks for noticing.   How could you not?  Long story, but somehow she got a rope burn while playing on a play structure that had a rope going down the slide.  Still not sure about that one!  But it is nearly unnoticeable now.  Finally.  Not that anyone ever noticed, or gasped while asking what could have possibly happened to her.  Nope!  


Lauren didn't want to stop cutting the extra paper into teeny-tiny confetti to take a picture.

But then I asked her to act like a turkey while I videoed, and that worked like a charm.


I snuck a couple pictures in there too!

"gobble, gobble!"


Jaelyn having a look at Lauren's turkey.  Or turkey-Lauren.  Either way, she thought it was funny!

She really likes her Bumbo now:


And so do I.


Especially since that means I can get pictures of her sitting up!


Oh, she just has the best eyes!  And yes, they are turning more and more brown.  Love it!

We went to a park on Thursday morning and I snapped a few shots of almost-three Paige!


Her bangs need a trim!  Unfortunately, I didn't notice that before we left the house.  ;)

It has since been remedied. 

Lauren didn't want to have her picture taken.  

She didn't even want to play.

She wanted to eat lunch.

At 9:50 A.M.

I stuck to my guns and told her we were going to have fun until 11 A.M. at which point we would sit and eat our picnic by the pond.


And then, at 10:40 A.M. we ate lunch and watched the ducks.

I just couldn't take the sullen looks any longer.

Besides, I was hungry.

=)
Signature

2 comments:

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

You silly girls sound like you know how to have fun while Dad is away. :) That "rope burn" looks nasty! One of my nephews almost strangled himself on a tube in one of those blow up water slides...these kids will find any way they can to gray us prematurely.

Carrie said...

The pictures are great! Those girls sure are beauties. Sorry about Paige's neck! Yikes! Loved the hats!