Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1.  It is the 11th day of 2011 and I am just now posting pictures from the last day of last year.  I would like to say that becoming less of a procrastinator is on my list of resolutions, but it's not.  I am a realist when it comes to those sort of things.  Why set yourself up for failure?  ;)

2.  On New Years Eve we set off smoke bombs in the yard.  The girls thought it was pretty fun, and it was much less dangerous than the real fireworks you can now buy in Arizona!





3.  Then we were able to visit with our old college friends Scott and Tracey while they were visiting from Bend, OR.  It was so great to see them!


4.  Yesterday I started an editing tutorial, and I am in love.  Seriously, Erin Cobb is my hero!  Here's a few shots that I used her editing tips on, beforehand the first two were severely underexposed (DARK, for the non-shutterbugs out there) and the third one was overexposed (washed out).




They aren't perfect, but I am working making progress!

5.  I am getting the decorating bug.  My house has been too plain for too long - and I need to fix that!  I have tons of ideas in my head.  Just have to figure out a way to work some money out of the budget.  UGH.

6.  Since I am not at all crafty, #5 could be a truly frightening adventure.

7.  I had all three kids down for naps for 45 minutes today!  Woo hoo!  Even if they drive me nuts for the rest of the night, this was a good day!  

8.  Lauren was sent home with projects to complete from two of her "centers" today because she didn't get them done at school.  She instead chose to socialize.  With a boy.  Oh, be still my mama heart.

9.  On a different note, Lauren starts soccer in two weeks!  I am so excited for her to try it out - praying that she will love it as much as she thinks she will!  

10.  I made this dish for dinner last night, and it was awesome!  Seriously, one of my new favorites.  I am slowly becoming a big leek fan, which says a lot because I despise onions.  But leeks are sweet and tender and YUM.  Of course my kids only ate the chicken and cranberries... but whatever, that's almost a well balanced meal.  =)

Have a great rest of your Tuesday!!!

Signature

1 comment:

Catina said...

Nice pix! Maybe I'll have to check out Erin Cobb's ideas :) Miss you.

I'd love to talk to you about possibly being a vendor through my husband at a specific location. I'll message you more later.

Blessings :)