Monday, January 24, 2011

Stuff

I have been wretched about blogging lately... I think I am in a funk.  Just that feeling like you don't really have anything to say.  I am sleep deprived, for sure - so maybe that has something to do with it.  Baby J ha taken to making noise all.night.long.  I have been trying different things, but not much seems to help.  My usual bag of tricks does nothing for her stubbornness.  But, this week we are going to a full on schedule.  We have always had a loose schedule - but I'm willing to try anything at this point, so this week I am going to try and stay home a lot and keep her on a tighter clock.  It might not work, and I might be back at square one on Friday, but it is worth a try at least.  I need my sanity back.

In other baby J news, she is sitting up really well now:


That is a lot of fun for all of us!  

My sweet middle girl has been struggling with obedience lately, so we have been spending a lot of time doing this:


Three years old is so tough!  My least favorite stage for sure - always testing those boundaries.  She makes me feel like I need to read more parenting books.  ;) 
But she is also the sweetest girl, loving quality time with her family members, loving to talk and talk and talk!  Her smile lights up a room and makes everyone smile with her.
It makes being three almost bearable.
Almost. 

Ad just when I think the bickering between the two big girls is going to drive a wedge between the two of them, they do something like this:


And restore my faith in their friendship.  Paige always tells me Lauren is her best friend, which makes me smile!  And then, about two seconds later - it makes me feel bad that she doesn't know more friends her age.  She needs a social activity!

Our kitchen erupted with laughter last week when I made the girls this for lunch:


And the plates were wiped clean really quick!  I think there will be more face-lunches in our future!

Our bedroom furniture got here on Saturday (thank you so much, Kohner family!) and it is slowly coming together in there.  I will have to post some pictures after I get the photos up on the walls.  It feels like we are sleeping in someone else's house, since we have never had any bedroom furniture to speak of.  But, it is amazing - it makes me feel more like it is really "our" room, instead of just another place to pile junk in our house.  I hope that will stick, because you all know how I am about piles.  They are how I function.  It's bad.

The next project on my list is to refinish the dresser that has been our only piece of bedroom furniture for these past ten years.  Considering I have never refinished ANYTHING, it should be an adventure.  Or a disaster.  I'll keep you posted.

I hope to be back with more real pictures really soon!  

Happy Monday, all!
Signature

5 comments:

Tamara said...

LOVED the pics in this post - you are right about age 3 - so true. Love the descriptions of Paige - I feel like I know her the least of my nieces - seems like I just missed out on her baby/toddler days and I can hardly believe she is 3 - she is a love. That pic of the girls playing the leapster together is seriously one of my all time favorites of your girls. Just priceless. Can't wait to see your "grown-up" bedroom! BTW - piles don't count if they are in pretty wicker baskets! Just sayin...

Jamie said...

Funny we got new bedroom stuff this weekend too-new mattress, comforter set (that actually matches our walls) and new artwork above the bed. Feels like a "grown-up" bedroom. I can totally relate to the bedroom piles. Our room is were everything gets stashed when I'm trying to make the rest of the house clean because I can just shut the door and no one sees it! Cute face lunches! That's awesome that Jaelyn is sitting up already! Can't wait to see you guys in March.

Kristina said...

i'm a pile queen... they are EVERYWHERE. i finally broke down and made/helped zac clean his room the other day because I just couldn't focus enough on the living part of the house.... good luck and YAY for the new furniture and decor!!!

Karissa said...

I'm in a funk too!! My goal when I get back home is to become a much better blogger :) If not for my sake, then for my kids' so they can have a nice record of their childhood :)

I also am in agreement about age 3 (Leila will be 3 in March). She is testing every boundary and limit. I just keep telling myself...I LOVED age 4!! By far, my favorite :)

Carrie said...

Those pics are great! Beautiful girls!