Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The middle

I loved a little special time with my sweet middle girl yesterday while Lauren was in school.

She is currently obsessed with this petti-skirt: 


It made its way out of the office last weekend while we were organizing - confession: I bought it a year ago (and one for Lauren) planning to take portraits of them in the skirts.  That has never happened.  But now that she has seen it, Paige is in love!  She convinced me that it matched her outfit yesterday - but today I talked her out of it since we ran some errands and she was already wearing a dress. She would have worn this thing right over the top of her dress though, that is how determined she is.

I find it so sweet that she likes to sit this way: 


In her hand she is holding a "valentine" that Lauren made her.  Just a piece of paper with her name on the front, Lauren's name on the back, and "Valentine I love you." on the inside.  She carried it around all day.  I might just squirrel it away and keep it forever.


She showed it to Jaelyn, and told her how special it was, and how she would make her one when she was older - because "sisters forever love each other".

Her love for her family melts my heart.
Such a sweet girl.
And here's that contagious smile:


The middle - right where she should be.
Signature

3 comments:

Carrie said...

She is such a sweetie!! If I sat that way I wouldn't be able to stand again for a week! Great pics, what a treasure!

Tamara said...

Loved this post so much. I treasure the glimpses of your middle girl - the second born - my "place" in the family... she will be the little peacemaker and one who hates conflict. Yet she will have a mind of her own and need to assert her independence in her own unique ways. I love her - all of her. And that way of sitting -- in physical therapy worlds they call that the "W" - something to do with weak hip flexors I think... but still, to me... it is little girlish... CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!!!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

What a sweetie-peetie!
Can I have her? :)