Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Six

My little girl, the one who made me a mommy -- turned six last Friday.  Six.  She is so grown up already - and I am excited for her and sadly missing her Mommy-years already!  In a few short months she will be in first grade.  Full day.  I think it will affect me much more than half day Kindergarten ever dared to.  But for now, I am relishing in the fact that I have her home with me until early August.  And I plan to make the most of that time together.  That being said, if you happen to stop by my house -- don't expect it to be sparkling clean.  I'll be playing with my girls instead! 

Where did that come from?  Why was I in here again...?  Oh yeah, the party!  I will have to come back and post real birthday pics later - but I wanted to get some party ones up sooner.  These are un-edited pictures.  Why?  Because I just finished proofing 360 pictures for my wedding clients and I am tired of Photoshop.  I mean really tired.  And I have two more sessions to proof.  So, there was no editing of party pictures.  At least for now!



Lauren wanted an art theme, and I thought this CourtneyCourtney upcycled t-shirt dress looked very artist-like for my girl.  Can I just say, the spunky attitude is killing me?!?  As is the pointed toe!  She is too big, I tell you!


Jaelyn showing off her standing skills to one of her many friends.  Seriously, this girl loves people! 


We colored treat bags, made necklaces, decorated wooden ruler/bookmarks, drew with sidewalk chalk, and...


Painted.

This is the real reason Lauren wanted an art party.  The girl loves her some paints!

Her cake of choice:


The frosting was truly as thick as it looks.

And worth every calorie.



Lauren with her two girl-friends from school, enjoying their cupcakes.


Then it was time for the pinata.  I wish I has a better picture of the face Lauren made at the beginning.  She was so very ANGRY at Daddy for moving the donkey up and down.  It was truly hysterical - like he was out to get her. Once the other kids had a turn and she realized that was just how the game went... she calmed down a little.  This was her second go-'round.


In the end, Harper decapitated the beast.  But no candy came out.  Poor engineering, I tell you.  Don't worry, I ripped it open and sprinkled it from the sky for the fullest pinata experience.  ;)


Happy birthday, sweet girl!  We love you to the "tippy top of Heaven and back"!





















Signature

3 comments:

Tamara said...

No need to edit those pics - they are beautiful. Lauren is so so pretty - love the outfit - the funky red capri tights with ruffles at the bottom just tops it off - so fun. Did you put the hair clips in the friends hair or did they all wear their own the same way? Jaelyn is so sweet - still has a very baby appearance about her and I love that - they change so fast! I was sad I didn't get to sing to Lauren on her b-day - tell her I was singing in my heart though! I love her so much!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

What a fun birthday party idea! I'm gonna have to steal that one. Happy belated b-day to Sweet Lauren. I remember when we all got together at Angie Beal's house and Kian and Lauren were still so little they just laid on Angie's bed like little slugs. Can't believe how fast time has gone since then! Next year I'm gonna have a 4th grader!!!!!!! Weird!

Neloa said...

Am I so blessed to be these sweet girls grandma? Yes I am!
Love the picture, no editing needed so send them to the photo print program so I can get some hard copies.
You are doing an AWESOME job mommy!
Love You!