Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankfulness

1.  That God gave me my husband.  I can't stand to imagine my life without Justin - our marriage has gotten better every year!  I love him!!!

2.  For our three girls.  They make our family fun, wild, giggly, and messy.  I wouldn't have it any other way!

3.  For all our family.  They have loved us, supported us, laughed with us and at us!

4.  For the Swope family.  I could write ten pages about what they mean to me... but for today I will just say that I love them.  They are friends, they are family.  They have made Phoenix feel like home.

5.  Our home.  We shouldn't even have it... technically.  There was no reason the bank should have accepted our offer.  Though on my worst days there are a hundred things I would change - I love this house.  It is more than I thought we would have, living in the city!

6.  Phoenix.  Yes, you read that right - I am thankful to live in Phoenix.  This post from a local blog made me tear up.  That is SO me!  Up until about two months ago... honestly.  But, if I stop complaining and look at where I live, really look at it for what it is - we are very fortunate to live here!

7.  My business.  I adore taking pictures of people - creating an image of who they are, right at this moment.  Because you never know what tomorrow may hold.  It is my dream job, and I get to live it!

8.  Especially thankful for those people who have made a huge difference in my business!  Jaclyn, Colleen, Annie, and Katie.  Without you, and your HUGE referrals, I would not be where I am after just two years!  You are amazing women and I am so blessed to have you in my life!

9.  For Justin's job and the company he works for.  Times are tough these days, and we are so blessed that he is able to work, and to work for a smaller firm, and to have such a positive response from his leaders!

10.  Now for some fun ones... I am thankful Justin is not a neat freak.  Amen.

11.  That God gave me three girls and not boys because I am already exhausted by 5pm!

12.  Trader Joe's and CostCo, without them my shopping days would be so mundane!

13.  Boots that are lined with fleece so your don't have to wear socks!  I hate socks.

14.  Flip flops.  See above.

15.  Food and wine.  And all the variations you can enjoy with the two together.  And that God gave us an amazing ability of taste for all those things!   I <3 food.

16.  That Justin let me paint the bathroom turquoise.  I adore bright colors for rooms!  And then, he did 90% of the painting!  For that I am even more thankful.

17.  For stores that have shopping carts that contain more than one child!  What would I do without them?!?

18. Coffee.

19.  Chocolate.

20.  Apparently I have digressed... I'll wrap it up.  I'm thankful for this blog, that I can come here and put my thoughts out into the world, and that even though I don't update it like I should YOU still come here to check up on me!  You're awesome.  =)

Happy Thanksgiving,
Signature

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Love you and thankful for YOU! You are a true gem of a sister and I love that my brother is the husband that he is for you and my three sweet neices who I miss terribly. Love your blog!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Cute post idea!
You've helped me to get into the spirit of the holiday.
Thank you!

Colleen said...

You are exhausted by 5 BECAUSE you have three girls-SO MUCH MORE WORK THAN BOYS-don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I am thankful for you capturing some magical memories of us! AND, your friendship, and your love of food and wine, and just you in general!

LOVE YOU!

Carrie said...

Great list!! I'm thankful for your friendship through the years and for your prayers for my family!

Brad said...

Thank you Claire. We are very thankful for you guys too!