Friday, January 13, 2012

Just stuff

For some reason, I have cried every day for a week!  Not all sad tears, mind you... sometimes happy tears, sometimes tears at the wonderment of God's love... really I cry at everything.  Apparently I am just more emotional right now.  I am sure subscribing to Momestary did not help matters.  Thanks a lot PigBear.  =)

This article and video of Dr. Drew's discussion with Mark Driscoll astound me.  I am disheartened at how the media can just pick and choose what they would like to show the general public.  All the time I am more and more thankful we chose to give up cable television and the "news" in this house.  I wholeheartedly recommend it!

Thinking of doing Valentine Mini-sessions that include cards for your kids to hand out at school.  Any takers?!?

One of the best parts of my week is picking up my produce box from Pinnacle Farms on Wednesday!  All the colorful veggies I wouldn't have bought ordinarily are SO fun to experiment with!  This week we received oranges bursting with flavor and beautiful rainbow chard.  Though I never can figure out what to do with radishes since I don't like them raw.

With our new financial situation, I am trying to find more contentment with staying at home - which is much harder for me than it sounds.  Trying to focus on being a homemaker, instead of just a stay-at-home-mom.  There is a difference, I think.  This house should be more homey, and I know "mom" tends to set the tone for that "homey" feeling.  So, that is my focus this month... checking my attitude and heart, focusing on what I say and how I say it - to help my family say, "Ahh... I'm home."  Next month, maybe having a clean home?!?  Surely I could do that for one month.

Maybe.

Whatever.

Love you all!  Thanks for stopping by.  Picture of the day to come later on!
Signature

3 comments:

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

I need to get produce boxes! I'm always serving the same things...apples, pears and salad. SOMETIMES I really mix things up by roasting carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. I know, I'm a wild one! :)

Kristina said...

Do you have a library close by? I know going to the library doesn't really count as "staying home", but minus the gas to get there - it's the most awesome free place I can think of to go to! Books for weeks and movies for a week and it doesn't cost you anything but a short drive... Just an idea if you get too restless :)

Tamara said...

I agree with Krys - most libraries have awesome kid sections and a slew of great magazines for adults - some even have coffee shops inside. Kids stay happy for hours especially if there are kids computers with books that are read to kids when they wear headphones - Ellie loves that. I love to sit in a cozy chair with my Tazo tea and look at magazines - taking my cell phone to get pics of the things and recipes that intrigue me. I heard a talk once on making your house a home and it focused on the five senses and incorporating each sense into your home - fragrance (candles, clean smell), feel of a variety of textures, things to look at that make you feel happy or good or make you think or appreciate life, nice music or happy sounds, and of course, taste - good meals! Proud of you... and the tears... sometimes a girl just needs to cry - get the tears out - it is necessary. Love you! And the Trigger pic is so great - what a good pic of his little face!