Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1.  I didn't take any pictures yesterday or the day before, so no picture-a-day.  But, I am giving myself grace and moving on to taking a new picture today!

2.  My husband had a rough day yesterday, he went hunting and got stuck up on the mountain knowing his 2WD truck would not make it down through the mud.  I went through a hundred scenarios in my head waiting to hear that he had gotten down safely.  I am thanking God for my father-in-law who was ready and available to go buy chains for Justin and drive them up to him - going alongside him to make sure he made it down safely.  We are so very blessed for awesome family members!

3.  I went running twice last week.  Slowly.  I do not like jogging - it does not make me feel good, but I want to be doing something.  And jogging is free, which is essential at this time in our lives and budget.  I would prefer a gym membership with childcare.  Second choice would be Zumba for Wii.  But neither of those will be happening any time soon, so I will try to jog three times this week instead.

4.  Yesterday I spent three hours sorting and organizing all the toys in our house.  THREE HOURS.  That is ridiculous!  We should not have that much stuff!  But, it is hilarious... every time I set something in the "to-store/sell" pile my older two freaked out and Jaelyn would run over and start playing with it.  The irony.

5.  Valentine mini-sessions will not be happening after all.  Easter anyone?!?

6.  Speaking of mini-sessions, soon I will not be offering them as a regular option.  They will be 3-4 times a year at certain locations... so if you are thinking of needing one this year book soon before they are done.

7.  We are back to a cash budget.  I loathe cash.  People used to use this stuff all the time?!?  ;o)

8.  This is the first time in my life I have found myself interested in politics.  And I am finding that is not really a good thing, as my experience with others in that regard is a downer.  Maybe I will write a whole post on this issue.

9.  I am working my way through a cookbook I have called cooking essentials - it teaches you proper technique for all facets of cooking and I find it really fun so far!  My dinner rolls on Sunday were pretty good, but the lamb chops on Friday were a flop.  Personally, I can't wait to make the apple pie.  I have never made a pie from scratch!  Mmmm!

10.  I know #9 appears to conflict with my health effort in #3, but I believe in all things in moderation... even apple pie!  =)

Love you all!  Happy Tuesday!
Signature

No comments: