Wednesday, June 27, 2012

First haircut

Well, the time finally came!  Somehow, I manged to curb my enthusiasm to cut my children's hair until she was nearly two years old.  I am pretty sure Lauren had her first haircut at five months, and Paige at nine months - but they had a lot more hair to start with.  Jaelyn was born with a small amount of hair, but then it started falling out from the top as a newborn.  Which would have been okay except from 6-9 months old she went through a stage of pulling her hair when she was mad or frustrated.  Always from the top and front, never from the back.  Nice.  So, she has been sporting quite the mullet for the past year at least.  

Last night, she came bouncing into the living room with a toy hairdryer wanting to "do" mommy;s hair, her mullet flapping in the breeze behind her.  I had finally had enough.  Even though Daddy wasn't home to share the effort - I dove right in.

Before:


Seriously shaggy!  There was a definite line at her ears where it suddenly got long!


You could see that my options were limited in creating a style.


Business in the front...
PARTY in the back!!!


Wow.

Anyway, the afters!  I decided a "pixie cut" was in order.

This morning, Justin decided "pixie cut" is a fancy way of saying "little boy cut".

Whatevs.



It was torture for me to leave these little "wings" near her ears, but in an effort to not have a pixie forever, we will just have to spray them into submission!




And then she had a shower to rinse off the itchy little hairs.


And a little shot of something else we are working on...


Where did my baby go?  *sob*
Signature

4 comments:

the swope family said...

OMG. I LOVE it! She is so stinkin cute with that haircut!!!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Very impressive! I've braved cutting the boys hair but never Eden's! I'm too scared.
She looks lovely...even with her mullet. I can't imagine her looking any other way. :)

Tamara said...

She is so rocking her pixie - you did a great job - that little brown eyed girl makes her Aunt RaRa melt... could so squish her up and kiss her forever. LOVE the pictures.

Carrie said...

Fantastic photos! You really did a great job. Sorry I haven't been on here to visit! Love you!