Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Day of Homeschool

Yesterday was our first day of homeschooling!  The girls were very excited, and even more so to find a "Happy First Day" banner and decorations to go with their banana muffins for breakfast!  =)  Who knew that a little paper circle taped to a toothpick would become a treasured keepsake?  But, into their jewelry boxes they went!  It is the little things...

We have our old playroom set up like a classroom - which is nice that we have the space, but difficult because the kids are used to playing in here!  So, it is hard to re-teach them that all their toys are in their bedrooms now!




It would pretty much kill me to not have annual back-to-school pictures of my kiddos, so I will probably still do that every August!  



She was just a little excited!




We are easing into things over the next month, and the girls were thrilled with the practice sheets they were doing after group lesson time.  We are using the workbox system (those rainbow guys up there) for their independent work.  So far, so good with that idea!



It is challenging!  I am still trying to figure out how to squeeze everything else I need to do into a day!  Not sure when exactly errands and chores are supposed to happen!  But, someday there won't be naps to deal with any more -- so, I only need to get through the next three years or so!  

I know one thing, my kids and I are talking more, sharing more thoughts and ideas, and enjoying each other more than I expected to be right away.  So that is a good sign!  
Signature

3 comments:

Justin said...

I can't tell you how proud of you that I am! You are such an amazing woman, wife, and mom. So thankful that you were brave enough to start this adventure. I know that our kids will thank you for it in the years to come! I'm already thankful! The school room looks awesome by the way and I'm glad that you captured some pictures of them starting school too!

Carrie said...

You rock!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

I can feel the brain cells doubling as well as the love. :)
Good luck!