Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Since I haven't been blogging much, you would think there would be a lot to say... but really there isn't.  Much like most of you, our life just keeps chugging along rapidly, but it cycles through much of the same doldrum of life! Nothing exciting. 

2.  That being said, doldrums or not... I think life is worth documenting!  I am passionate about it, actually.  But, over the past year I have been very distracted from that passion.  I have chosen not to bring my camera on outings more times than not.  I have gone weeks without any new pictures of my kids.  And while that is just fine, really - It's not how I want to be.  So, I am setting a goal of taking pictures of our everyday life at least once a week.  For now... hoping to get back to daily at some point!

3.  That will probably happen when I feel more "in the groove" of homeschooling.  This venture is very involved, and while I am so glad we decided to do it - I think it will be a few years before I feel it is normal on a day-to-day basis, and that I can take on new adventures.  The big girls are doing great at homeschool, by the way!  We made some big adjustments after the holidays, and they seem to like most of it better than before!  Paige is doing amazing, and I have to purposefully slow her down!  She's my little sponge right now.

4. How do you deal with a very active two year old/troublemaker when you are homeschooling?!?  Seriously?!?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Not sure I will ever figure this one out.  She will just be school aged eventually.

5.  The only "real" picture I took of my kids in January.


6.  Loving the weather right now!  Wishing we had a awesome grassy backyard to hang out in all day.  I think I would do school out there, that would solve my troublemaker problem!

7.  Speaking of the yard, I'm thinking of starting a little garden to use as some science content.  Anyone know when we plant for Spring in Phoenix?  Is it now?  I have a chronic black thumb, so this is very new to me! 

8.  I am reading "The Ministry of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson, and LOVE it!  Highly recommended for any Christian Mommy! 

9.  Some fun things in the works for me over the next few months!  I'm taking part in a homeschool mentoring program, going to the big photography conference with a friend this year (Woo Hoo!), and hopefully a real vacation is in the works with our great friends the Swopes!  If trips/adventures were a love language, I think it would be mine... so this kind of stuff makes my heart sing!

10.  Contrary to my regular personality, I am getting the itch for some serious spring cleaning around here!  But as of right now, the thought of it seems completely overwhelming.  Any 
neat-freaks out there have a suggestion?!?  ;)

Signature

No comments: