Monday, April 7, 2008

A day at the garden

Justin had last Thursday off work, so we spent the morning at the Desert Botanical Garden since none of us had ever been. It was a beautiful day, not too hot with a slight breeze. It was great to get some fresh air and do something other than pack or unpack for a change!




Paige seemed to enjoy being outside and was perfectly content to ride in the stroller for the majority of the day.

Lauren didn't really get the point of the tour we started out on. She was less than interested in hearing about all the plants, but was thrilled to spot birds and lizards along the way.

Lauren and Justin hanging out in the Native American hut replica. She was pretty sure these were built just for her and ran circles in them as long as we would let her!

Trying her hand at grinding pods.

The butterfly garden was by far the favorite! They were just everywhere - one even landed on Justin's shirt. It was making Lauren a little crazy that she wasn't supposed to reach out and touch them, but she enjoyed pointing out whenever she saw a new one. It was a treat to watch her face light up while running around the greenhouse structure.

Paige was less than impressed with the butterflies. ;o) I think she was just sad that we were all distracted and not paying attention to her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Paige being crabby in the stroller. I keep telling myself I need to get all sorts of fun stuff done now before the baby comes. It seems to me that my life pretty much ends for a year after a new baby comes along. I guess it doesn't have to, it just does cuz I am lazy. :) You're setting a good example for me.