Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day four: Making my home a haven - FUN

Last night Lauren ran to me and said, "Mommy the sky is pink and red, my favorite colors!" We went to the back door and truly, it looked like the sky was on fire! I couldn't get very good shots from my little backyard, but you'll get the idea:


Lauren loved it - she just kept going on and on! It was a sad moment when she saw it was starting to fade.

The Beeler Family Day of Fun! Now, THIS is a goal I can get behind! :o) A day to have fun with my kiddles?!? Sign me up!

Okay... it isn't as easy as it sounds. Especially since my goal to have fun also incorporated not spending money. And, aside from lunch - I managed to stick to that part of the goal.

We made breakfast together, sang songs while getting dressed, and were actually out the door on time! We had bible study this morning, so that automatically made my day fun! The lessons at class were great, and both the girls did really well in their classrooms too! My small group was meeting at a nearby park for lunch, so we picked up some yummies from Einstein's bagels (Lauren was ECSTATIC to pick her own lunch, a blueberry bagel with cream cheese) and met the other moms and kids at the park. It was a great time for kids and adults alike - there were no accidents or meltdowns, and I left feeling refreshed from friendly conversation! The girls took great naps, and now that they are getting up - we have a few more fun things to end out our day. Lauren and I will do a craft and then make dinner together, and for dessert I am planning some hot cocoa (tea party style) and cookies. What a wonderful day to feel rewarded after three days of necessary work! I can't wait to see what day five has in store!


1 comment:

Tamara said...

First pic - Taylor says, "Mom is that Lauren really by a fire" - then we get to the bottom pic and she says "WOOOOAH! Mom I want to live in Phoenix" Hahahaha! Seriously beautiful pic though and your day sounds absolutely perfect! What a good mommy you are!