Monday, November 10, 2008

Making my home a haven




This week, over at The Homespun Heart they are doing a challenge that I feel we could all use in our homes - making your home a HAVEN. I am guilty of letting my home be utter chaos until a guest is coming over. One of my new goals for November is to make my home guest-worthy just for my family! It will be a big change for me, but I feel it is something God desires for my family, and for my state of heart.

So, follow along with me this week as I try to keep up with this challenge, and change the condition of my home! Today is tidy-up day, and I will have before and after pictures for you later on. I must really love and trust you all to show the before shots! ;o) Truly, I am hoping that putting this on the blog will keep me accountable this week! Here is my tidying list for the day:

Organize pantry
Tidy up all rooms
Wash laundry and PUT IT AWAY
Organize desk
Clean Kitchen
Prep for Dinner: Curry Chicken & Rice

And, just because I know you are here to see my kids more than hear about me - here's a couple more shots from a trip to the park on Saturday!


Paige and Harper enjoying the sand.


Lauren and Porter trying to resist the urge to throw sand! LOL

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I HATE PUTTING LAUNDRY AWAY! It just piles up in my laundry room! YUCK!

Tamara said...

Ohhh - I can't wait to see! I love accountability and I also love authenticity - this is good, Claire! I heard a talk once at MOM's group about creating a sensational home and she talked about using the five senses to make your home more homey - thought it was a good lesson. And, you know I loved the pics of your girls playing in the sand with their super cute little gray shirts and jeans - what cute little nieces I have!!! Oh, and Taylor got her book and both of the girls loved it.

Micaila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Micaila said...

I have been trying to do this too, especially now that I don't have a job. Of course you have the added challenge of taking care of the kids on TOP of housework (and the fact that they probably undo everything you've done)! My system is that I made a cleaning scedule of sorts-one day I clean the bathrooms, the next I mop/vacuum, the next I clean the kitchen (like REALLY clean) and so on. Doing at least 1 load of laundry each day and specific things like sheets and towels on certain days. Best of luck!!