Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day Two: Making My Home a Haven - CLEAN

Apparently I misunderstood yesterday, because I did quite a bit of what I would consider "cleaning" when I was supposed to be tidying up instead. Oh well!

I didn't get many great pictures that showed my tidyness accomplishments, but here are a couple:



So far, so good! Today I will be focusing on the floors, bathrooms, more laundry, and more kitchen cleaning (do those things EVER end?!?). I am hoping that tomorrow's goals don't include any chores. ;o)
I think making this about what God wants for my home is really changing my attitude about it! I am actually enjoying making my home nice and finding ways to have fun and be organized in the process. I even made a half and half dinner last night, where I cooked twice as much food during the first half to be used on dinner tonight so my life will be super easy come cooking time! Yay for THAT! Being able to deal with dinner-time madness will make my home more haven-like for sure!
The girls were more than happy to help out with the chores yesterday! I love how little ones can see cleaning as a FUN thing! Here is a "Va-va-voom" Paige helping me out with the dishes:


LOL! She just kept wiggling her arms out of this shirt yesterday! After fixing it about a dozen times, I gave up!

5 comments:

the swope family said...

What a great amount of accomplishment! So happy that this is making you happy in the process!

Anonymous said...

Looks good! I bet the longer you do it the easier it will be cuz there will be less to clean up. The only way I can keep my house from getting completely out of control is having a cleaning schedule. Can't wait till the kiddies are big enough to change that cleaning schedule into a "chore" list. :)

The Palmisano Gang said...

I think Paige is going for the Olivia Newton John look! LOL! That look just reminds me of that "let's get physical" video!

Great Job on your accomplishments! Maybe I should follow in your foot steps! I'll think about it! LOL!

Carrie said...

Great job!! I definitely believe in making your home a haven and it makes a huge difference! Although everyone keeps telling me to let my housework go with a newborn. I think the dust bunnies bother me more than the honey-bunny crying!

Anonymous said...

nice job! Don't know how I would keep up without a day a week to do it, myself.