Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Girls update

I have been a serious slacker on the blog this week - I apologize! Maybe last week burnt me out! Either way, I thought an update on each girl was long overdue (since this is THEIR blog and all).

Paige

11 months, 19 days

I am really loving this age with Paige! She is a love - always willing to snuggle! She says "this" while pointing to things she finds interesting. Her other words include baby, ball, more, dada, dog, daisy, and today for the first time: shoes! She will not leave a bow, headband, or hat on her head for more than five seconds. She loves to eat everything, but knows when whatever YOU might be eating looks better. She loves her big sister and follows her everywhere. Peek-a-boo is a favorite pass-time, if you are looking to pass a lot of time! She blows kisses, waves bye-bye and hello, gives slobbery kisses and floppy hugs, and LOVES to laugh. If you are laughing, or pretend to laugh - she will join in and keep up with you as long as you are willing to go. She and Lauren practice this often! She is gaining more dexterity, opening and closing things and figuring out the buttons on many of Lauren's toys. She is beginning to prefer to walk, as evidenced today:

Align Right
I think she has crawled for about five minutes total today - she just totters around, very slowly - stopping often to get her balance before she would fall. I am amazed at how fast this year has gone and this sweet little girl that brings so much joy to our home!

Lauren

3 years, 6 months, 6 days

There's a little vintage action on this shot because I just feel like she has quite the diva face going on -- I can almost hear, "Oh yes, I know you WANT to take my picture. Too bad for you I shall pretend not to notice."


Lauren is hysterical these days - she tries to make jokes and then will tell you that you are supposed to be laughing. And if a joke gets a laugh once, it will be repeated over and over. She loves to do crafts and play outside in the dirt. She LOVES television. If it is a cartoon, she will watch it. I have to be creative to keep her distracted in the mornings or she will just ask for more and more TV. She is going through a stage where she wants me to play with her - all.the.time. She is getting a little more dramatic to try and get attention, she hasn't figured out that it doesn't work and won't. Ever. ;o) She is learning to write her letters and numbers. She loves to make up songs and stories. She loves pink. And red, and purple. She loves anything fancy (thanks to Fancy Nancy), princessy, or sparkly. She is FINALLY wanting to do things for herself, most the time. She still loves to help me cook, but prefers to bake cookies. She loves our dog, and our dog tolerates her. When I ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, she says, "I am not going to grow up. Grown-ups don't get to play." Smart girl. And just so you don't think she is SO serious all of the time, this was taken about three seconds after the other one:



Maybe I should go play with her for a bit - for I am quite sure that if I blink too slowly, she will be 13 and want nothing to do with me!



1 comment:

Tamara said...

LOVED this post - so, so fun to see each of my nieces little personalities in writing - beautiful photos of both of them - love the vintage one especially but you are so great at capturing their own unique expressions and personalities in your photos. Thakns for the "long-over-do" updates on those pretty princesses. Oh, and I think it is funny that Paige doesn't like things on her head/hair - that was Ellie - it just drove me batty because Taylor never fussed with anything on her head or in her hair but Ellie, from day 1, would cry with anything on her head - different kiddos! They are both incredibly beautiful - truly.