Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

Wow - looks like my posts are few and far between TonT! Well, at least there will be something keeping this blog alive.

1. Happy St. Patrick's Day! We started our morning with this:
We opted for green pancakes this year instead of eggs since getting Lauren to eat eggs is worse than a root canal. The both seemed to love them, and as a bonus we were able to eat them with Daddy before he headed off to work! That makes any day extra special!!!

2. House update - the house we put a bid in on came back with almost $20K more, and we are not going to be doing that! So, now we are back to square one with house shopping. Actually, we are considering putting an offer in on our rental if we don't find something else wonderful really quickly!

3. Speaking of house shopping, these short-sales and foreclosures are hilarious! Seriously, we have seen some very strange things in these empty homes! But, I have to say that this was the weirdest moment so far - we opened a linen closet in the hallway to find this:


This house was having some tile laid and other work done, and my brother-in-law Shawn said, "Maybe THIS is why it has taken them so long to get it done!" Power tools and a liquor CLOSET -- the only things in this vacant home! Hysterical!!! I actually really liked the floor-plan of this home, but it needs quite a bit of work done still and we don't know that we are up for that!


4. Anyone know a good way to calculate postage without a scale? I have some disks to mail but really dread hauling my children into the Post Office!

5. I love my crockpot! I think it is the easiest way to make dinner, but honestly I haven't loved the food that comes out of it. Until last night. I usually make chili in a pot on the stove, but yesterday I made it in the crockpot and now I am convinced that crockpots were created to make chili! It was way more flavorful and thick! Awesome.

6. We are thinking about having a yard sale on Saturday - but I have a cold, so I am questioning how realistic this idea is! Part of me would rather try to sell the big items on craigslist and take the small items to Goodwill instead!

7. I am addicted to Hell's Kitchen - not even sure why. The show is maddening, all the contestants are horrible, and he is just a nightmare in a chef's jacket! But I love watching them every Thursday! It is a guilty pleasure. I think I am mostly happy that he is screaming and swearing at them and not at me! ;o)

8. Lately I have had an itch to decorate. I get this way every few years, where I want to re-do a room or something. Only problem - RENTAL. Big decorating no-no. Maybe I should work on a project instead! Our neighbors gave the girls this cute little wooden table and chairs that I have wanted to refinish... only I have never refinished anything before. That should be an adventure...

9. My "Keep-Your-Mouth-Shut" moment of the week: While going through the coupons yesterday I found an insert from Band-Aid promoting their newest kind of bandage. There was a coupon and a sample Band-Aid glued into the insert. Above the sample it said, "Try it NOW!" I laughed out loud saying, "Right! I will go cut myself right now so I can try this out!" (Yes, I talk to myself) And not even an hour later, guess what happened? Sliced my finger on a knife! Good thing I had my sample Band-Aid right there on the counter. And I have to say, it is a very nice bandage! LOL!

10. OK - I am out of ideas! So, here is a picture of my favorite part of fun holidays:

wearing silly things on our head! Have a great day everyone!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your band-aid story makes me laugh.

Colleen said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME THAT YOU GOT AN ANSWER!???????????????? WHAT THE HE**!!!!!! I am so mad at your right now! I would like to state for the record that I would buy the house you took the picture of based on the pantry-I wouldn't need to see anything else!!!!

Carrie said...

That liquor cabinet is hysterical! It makes you scratch your head as to why someone would leave hundreds of bucks of booze behind.. Shall we all join in singing? 100 bucks of booze in the wall, 100 bucks of booze...