Thursday, March 19, 2009

Our week

We have been held up in the house most of this week because I have had a nasty cold. This one really wiped me out and stole my voice for a few days. But, I am finally starting to feel a tad better and hoping to have plenty of things to do this weekend to cure my cabin fever!

Since I have nothing too interesting to report, here are a few random shots from our week:

On St. Patty's Day, Justin had a double-header softball game. So, I decided to make a super easy dinner of mac and cheese to please my kiddos and my sick self. Halfway through cooking, Lauren comes in and says, "Mommy! Can we have an all green dinner, too?!?" Being the oh-so-fun mom that I am, I blurted out, "Oh sure! It'll be ready in just a bit!" So, after adding a few drops of food coloring, we had green macaroni. It was the strangest thing I had eaten in a long time. Somehow the food coloring canceled out all other flavor and it literally tasted like nothing to me. It was very easy to keep my pasta portion small! The girls simply loved it, though!


This is their new favorite activity, and I have to say I am thrilled!


And, I just have to post a genuine smile from Lauren! As soon as my camera comes out she shifts into fake smiles and no eye contact. But, I happened to catch her unawares as she laughed at her hilarious baby sister. This is really my big girl most of the time, even though my snapshots tell a different story!


Have a happy weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Nice green dinner - looks pretty healthy too - broccolli and grapes - good idea! Love that your girls like books - so do my girls - Ellie loves going to the book aisle at Target - she would sit their all day "reading"... I wish I could just get started on a book and get through the first 4 or 5 chapters until I was hooked enough to finish it! Sorry you have been so sick - we have been amazingly healthy - I attribute my lack of colds this year to the fact that I have been eating 2-3 teaspoons of honey each day (either on my peanut butter toast or in my afternoon tea) - I have been reading all sorts of good stuff about honey! Anyway, happy early weekend to you!

Anonymous said...

What a good mom! I remember my mom turning our milk green on St Patty's day when I was a kid---weird how that dye can actually affect the taste. ;)You have such pretty girls.