Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ten on Tuesday - pictureless

1.  Honestly, I feel like I have nothing to say - but this blog has been dead and I feel bad about it, so here I am!

2.   I have no pictures to share -- haven't even dusted off my camera in over a week!  UGH.  I hope to remedy this tomorrow with some shots of my girls.  It feels weird to be off the photography wagon, but at the same time I am gearing up with lots of ideas for newborn pictures!  =)

3.  The pregnancy is going fine, but nothing too interesting to report.  I am having lots of Braxton Hicks and twinges and pokes.  LOL!  But I am READY for her to come - bags are mostly ready, house is mostly clean, and I am tired of hurting.  Tired of hurting enough to welcome the thought of just being plain old tired from having a newborn in the house!  C'mon baby girl!!!

4.  I am too pregnant to be out in public.  Seriously, I went to Target yesterday and easily a dozen people asked if I needed help (and not just employees), and another dozen asked when the baby was due.  I love that this indicates that people are thoughtful, but when I go to the store in a hat and no make-up, I'd rather just be left alone.  *snerk*  Plus, these people don't know what they are getting into if they acknowledge my other two children, because then it is at least five minutes before I get the girls to stop talking long enough to make my escape!  Where DO they get that from?!?

5.  Is anyone else as inept at getting stains out of clothes as I am?  My kids seem to stain everything - and if it doesn't come out with the first treatment, I can never get it out!  Any tips out there for set in stains that someone has seen work?!?  And please tell me my kids aren't the only ones who figure out a way to get something on every piece of clothing that touches their skin?!?

6.  Made a modified version of Pioneer Woman's Chicken Parmesan last night for dinner.  YUM.  Seriously satisfying!!!  Going to try to make her Peach Cobbler sometime this week too.  Because, you know, I don't have enough butter in my life.

7.  I am dying for a trip to the beach.  The end.

8.  Lauren is becoming a follower -- and it really cracks me up.  She says her favorite color is now blue, because Camryn's favorite color is blue.  Then she immediately says she still loves pink, only now she loves blue just as much.  She is also obsessed with dinosaurs, because Porter loves dinosaurs.  She can tell you all about them from a game she plays on PBS!  I just can't wait to hear the funny things she will suddenly love after making new friends at school.

9.  I had a wonderful weekend with Jaclyn - we went shopping, went to the spa, and ate a LOT.  It was really nice to focus on our friendship without having to field our children, and a welcome relaxing break from the routine!  Thanks for making it happen, Jaclyn!!!

10.  Anyone have fabulous ideas for simple meals that are mostly pantry items?  I need to stock up a few more things to make once the baby makes her appearance, but am officially out of room in my freezer.  Thoughts?

Happy Tuesday to all!
Signature

11 comments:

Justin said...

Thoughts on meals... how about using the stuff in your freezer?? ;-P Love you!

Claire said...

Har tee har har! I married such a comedian! =)

For the record, I plan on using the stuff in our freezer... but that won't last too long when I am sure I won't want to go to the store for weeks!!!

Colleen said...

OMG, I was going to write the same thing as Justin! AND, ask if you still have TWO FREEZERS and if they are BOTH full!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

So close! I just can't wait!
I finally figured out by my third child to have my freezer and pantry full...I loved it! I can't remember what we had in the pantry though. I'm sure it was nothing "fabulous" and just good enough to let me squeak by for "just one more day!".

Claire said...

Colleen - we don't have two freezers right now. We turned off the extra fridge for the summer -- hence my current quandary!

the swope family said...

Set in stains - if you find a remedy, let me know. I pre-treat every load of the boys clothes. For that I use Zout or the Oxi-clean blue gel stick thingy. Neither are perfect but I'm learning which one to use when. I also put a Tide Stain Release in with each load. Its lots of work but I figure it is worth it in the end!

Didn't mean to write an entire paragraph! HA!

Had a great time on our weekend also! Love you and I'm blessed to call you my friend!

Kristina said...

tuna macaroni. tuna. noodles. cream of mushroom. i use 2 big cans of tuna or 1 big one and 1 small one cuz david likes more meat. and 2 cans of cream of mushroom cuz i don't like my stuff dry. served with canned (or fresh or frozen) green beans - and you got almost all your food groups.

green bean casserole. more of a side dish but it can come from the pantry.

and depending on how you feel about quesadillas, you could always do a quesadilla but throw some black beans in the middle of it. maybe even some corn, too. it's not gourmet. and you have to use your fridge... but it gives you a decent serving of protein and is WAY easy.

and stock up on the hamburger/tuna/chicken helpers... they're not too bad for easy and quick...

and zac stains everything and i can't get them out either. :)

Kristina said...

and tostados with beans instead of meat. i forgot those :)

Lee Ann said...

my stain remedy. Oxyclean. The powder kind. Fill a bucket, (or laundry sink - it will sparkle when you're done) with hot water. Add a scoop of oxyclean. Pre-treat with stain remover, I usually use Zout. Add clothes to bucket and leave for at least 24 hours. Launder again. When my kids were babies, I would just leave a bucket filled with this solution in the laundry room and add to it continually until I did a load of wash. If that doesn't work.....I have a friend who actually BOILS her clothes on the stove in oxyclean! Hope something works for you.

Lee Ann said...

just to give credit where credit is due.....I think Tamara may have been the one who taught me how to get my stains out that way.

Catina said...

Stains:
blood - use peroxide
blueberry - soak in vinegar or about 5 min. if still there place tight over bowl using rubber band then pour boiling water over it
most stains - I use Zout

Pantry:
I love cereal :)
Pasta Roni is quick
Mac N Cheese with Tuna
Tuna, pickles, and crackers another fave :)
Kristina had some great ideas :) I may steal some of them.