Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1.  The last week has been an adventure.  I had a clogged milk duct, which then developed into mastitis - flu-like symptoms that really knocked me over!  I got on antibiotics and am much better now, but still fighting the clog off a bit.  Plus, with the antibiotics I have to be super careful not to get thrush or give it to Jaelyn.  ACK!

2.  So to fight off thrush (yeast) while on antibiotics, you take probiotics.  To be taking two things with these names at the same time makes me laugh!

3.  For those of you who are thinking how much our kids look alike... and I know you are out there...  ;o)  Here is a little comparison of each of them around three weeks:

Jaelyn yesterday (3 weeks, two days):

Lauren (3 weeks, five days):

Paige (3 weeks, two days):

You can make your own decision on this!  I see too many similarities to even start a list!!!

4.  Being a parent of three is NOT the same or "just as easy" as having two.  At least not when #3 is a newborn.  Many people told me this - and I think they had all just forgotten about the first six weeks and how exhausted you are!  Maybe it is just as easy in three months, or six months, or two years - but not today, that is for sure!

5.  Lauren had her Kindergarten assessment yesterday - and tomorrow we have parent orientation/meet the teacher night.  The assessment freaked.her.out.  She was terrified of getting something wrong.  As much as we have tried to battle the fear of failure in our kids, Lauren still has it bad!  But she went with Daddy and it was great.  She came home and told me it was "really easy" and that she got "everything right".  I have a feeling she is going to be fairly competitive about grades in school!  

6.  She also told us that she "read two books to the teacher" - which was strange because she doesn't really know how to read.  :o)  So Justin and I are just looking at each other thinking there must be some sort of misunderstanding... but we certainly couldn't get it out of Lauren!

7.  I feel like we need to do something special with Paige.  The baby gets all sorts of attention right now, and Lauren is going to be getting a lot of attention in the next week with Kindergarten.  My middle child needs something FUN just for her!  I will have to try to drum up some ideas and maybe do something with her while Lauren is in school next week.

8.  Justin sent me to get a pedicure "just because" on Friday afternoon (right before I started having a fever), and it is crazy how happy it makes me to look down and see pretty toes and un-callused feet!  I have such a wonderful, thoughtful hubby!!!

9.  Friends are coming over and bringing dinner tonight, and I also think that is just the most awesome thing people do for you after you have a baby.  Bring food!  Dinner is the best, there is nothing quite like the feeling of knowing all day that you don't have to worry about dinner!  It has helped this day to be a much less stressful one for me!  We have had several people support us by bringing food, so consider this a huge THANK YOU AGAIN to you all!

10.  For anyone who hasn't seen our baby announcement yet - I am posting it over on the business page.

Happy Tuesday!
Signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad that you are feeling better! You definitely don't want thrush-been there done that. Brielle got it and gave it to me-it was a painful six week battle I hope I never have to face again!

I LOVE Jaelyn's announcement-such great pictures! Did you ever get the net/cocoon thing you were talking about?

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

The announcement is incredible! I could just stare at it all day! Cute babies never get old. :)

I think that Jaelyn is a super good combo off both girls, maybe Paige eyes?? and Lauren lips??? and definitely a cute little button nose. Great combo for sure!

And three is harder...especially the first 6 weeks. You are wonderful and will survive...but it's okay to admit it's hard work.