Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ten Spot

1.  Last week seemed to drag on forever with Justin being gone - but we survived!  And he had a great time, saying he was able to truly relax and forget about work - which makes it a successful trip in my book!  So glad he was able to have some guy-time in the woods!  He may not of shot a deer, but Brad did - so at least someone was able to!  And I hear it was a big one!!!

2.  I am very thankful my MIL was able to stay here Friday night through Sunday afternoon!  It worked out well since she was planning to come down anyway for an appointment, and the girls just LOVED having her here!  Thanks again, Nel!


3.  Poor Paige was sick the whole time, and still has a little bit of that cold left.  But the rest of us managed to stay healthy.  She is so funny right now - will NOT stop talking!  Seriously.  She loves to act goofy and crazy, and is such a good big sister - doting on Jaelyn every chance she gets!


4.  Jaelyn is filling out a bit now.  She still has a hormone rash, and something is still going on with her tummy (gas/spitting up), but overall she is doing really good.  We had one stretch of 5 hours between feedings at night, but nothing consistent.  She is so sweet and snuggly, really loving to be held!  Still thinking her eyes are going to be brown, and the hair that is coming in on her balding area looks a lot lighter than the hair she has now!  


5.  Lauren is now loving school!  Her improvement in letter writing and drawing/coloring after just eight days is amazing!  Today she came home with a "Good Job" card from her teacher and was very proud.  Dinosaurs are still an obsession of hers at the moment - she loves reading about them, talking about them, pretending to be one, watching various shows/movies about them.  I need to find a girly dinosaur t-shirt for girls to commemorate this quirky time in my biggest princess' childhood!


6.  I am hoping to go to Flagstaff for the day on Saturday.  It is only supposed to be a high of 70 degrees!  Sign me up!  Really, it will be worth all the ridiculous work to get the five of us there and around town just to sit outside in the grass without SWEATING!

7.  I'm missing my clients already!  I truly enjoy photographing people so much, that this three months off is starting to give me a twitch.  ;o)

8.  I hung some family pictures last week in an asymmetrical pattern.  Justin was home about an hour before he was talking about how they needed to be rearranged.  LOL!  I don't mind making them more symmetrical, I just thought this was a funny example of the differences in our personalities!  We are still working on how they will finally be hung...  

9.  Our older two were finally introduced to the joy of Silly Bandz this week.  Those things are crazy, how do they make them so they always go back to their original shape?!?  But, they sure do make a mess when there are 26 to a pack!


10.  I find myself choosing between showers and naps these days -- and I don't feel like that is a fair contest, because at this point all I want to do is find some sleep!  But, today I miraculously got that shower before noon, so now I am off to try to catch a few z's as well.  Wouldn't that make for an amazing day?!?  ;o)  

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  The week is half done!!!


Signature

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Love your "Ten Spot" and the BEAUTIFUL pics - loved the one of mom and the girls - she will treasure that! So cute and Jaelyn looks so much bigger in just a week - she is beautiful and I love that she is getting lighter hair with those big brown eyes. She is such a pretty baby - like your other two! Awesome to hear that Justin had such a good time. A content hubby is so nice! Taylor got a bunch of those "Silly Bandz" for her b-day - I don't get the whole gaga over them... interesting.

Kristina said...

david's mom just bought hailey a whole a couple of outfits and one of them is that same blue one jaelyn is wearing... =)

and yes... the shower vs nap thing... i STILL have trouble deciding sometimes!!!! lol.

Catina said...

I hope you got those zzz's :)