Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Lauren is really enjoying school - but I am not enjoying the attitude she has had once she is home!  She doesn't want to tell me about her day.  Already?!?  Are you 13 years old?!?  she and Paige have had more altercations in the last two afternoons than in the last month.  Fun times of transition around here!  ;o)

2.  Apparently I didn't really have thrush, or at least that is what my OB's office told me.  Though they couldn't tell me what it WAS.  It is mostly gone now, so I am glad to be on the upswing health-wise - it was a long two weeks!

3.  I am in love with these boots.  Aren't they fabulous?  I don't know why I am obsessed with them... I am not really a boot girl.  I currently don't own any boots.  These ones just speak to me - though I am not sure my size 10 feet would love them.  And neither would my bank account - $200!  Yowza.

4.  Is it fall yet?  I am anxious for this heat to go AWAY.  The end.

5.  Along the lines of #4... Still hoping to squeeze in that trip to a beach while we could still swim in the ocean.  This would be the first year in I-don't-know-how-many that I have not been to the beach.  Sad.

6.  Justin leaves for his Kaibab deer hunt TOMORROW.  Ack!  I am so excited for him to go on this adventure -- I am just praying that my time alone with the kids LACKS adventure.  Hahahaha...

7.  Anyone want to go to H&M at Scottsdale Fashion Square?  I am dying the check it out!  Not that any pre-pregnancy sizes would fit me yet.  *sigh*

8.  Planning to purge the toy-room soon.  It just gets too crazy messy in here - and the girls don't play with half their stuff.  It has got to go!  I am using the new baby as an excuse... eventually she could choke on all these little toys!

9.  Three hours and 45 minutes does not make a school day.  Seriously... how are they learning anything in that timeframe when they have recess two times during it?!?

10.  Jaelyn is losing her hair!  At least on the top of her head.  Neither of my other kids lost any hair, so I find her new look hilarious, and she will be having to wear lots of hairbands and bows in the near future!
Signature

4 comments:

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

You always make me smile. And your ability to continue to be funny during this newborn/sleep deprivation/holy cow stage is a miracle to me! You go girl! ;)

Tamara said...

Yeah for Ten on Tuesday! Love your list as always. LOVED the previous post about Lauren's first day of school - that seems so far off still - Sept. 8th here! I made Ellie take a nap today. You might try sneaking in a nap or two during the week or at least a little quiet time for Lauren since her brain is growing a lot and she is taking on a lot emotionally right now - spreading those little wings. Try being specific about the day instead of really open-ended... like, instead of "What did you do today?" - try, "What was the book about that your teacher read to you?" Then, if the teacher didn't read, she will let you know, etc. Or, "Did you play with a boy at recess or a girl?" "Was it the one who talks a lot or someone else..." You find ways of getting information out of them - its a tactical mission - haha! Miss you and love you and I am smiling thinking of Jaelyn's hair falling out - she is SO cute - love that she is filling out and getting those scrumptious little thighs going - I need a Jaelyn post so I can see her - can you believe its a month already??! Glad you didn't have thrush!

Karissa said...

I love seeing pics of the three girls! I could not imagine the chaos, but the pure love shows through in all the pictures!

Let me know if you REALLY want those fabulous boots :) Sometimes it pays being married to the "Boot Man" LOL!

Glad Lauren's first few days haven't been too painful...on her at least. Malakai starts Monday and I am dreading the transition!

XOXO

Carrie said...

I'm so glad to hear that Lauren liked school. I've been getting prayer requests for kids who are very anxious/scared/don't want to return. Great boots! I'm not a boot girl either but I just recently learned about 6pm.com and LOVE it!
Love you,
Carrie