Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ten Spot

1.  Jaelyn has her first cold, I got it right after her, and Justin right after me.  This house is LOADS of fun right now.

2.  Christmas is 16 days away, people.  I haven't even taken a Christmas card photo yet.  Oh.Em.Gee.

3.  Sadly, I have had the girls' outfits for said Christmas Card picture for MONTHS.  I thought I was so ahead of the game.  Boo.

4.  I took the girls to the mall today.  Not to talk to Santa, jus to drop off their letters to him.  I knew Paige would flip out, I mean the girl can't even hug relatives without a shy-attitude-meltdown!  But Lauren surprised me, she said mailing him a letter would be "just fine, Mommy."




5.  Funny thing - after I took all these shots with my workshop tutorials in mind, the photo guy working Santa told myself and another lady that we might want to put our cameras away because the mall was enforcing a "no-cameras policy".  She asked if it was because of Santa, and he said no, that it was just a general rule, and that security had actually booted three people out of his Santa LINE yesterday for having cameras in the mall.  Something about other patrons being in the shot or something.  I bit my tongue and walked along on my merry way.  But inside my mind has been reeling over this!  Are you kidding me?!?  Every other person walking around that mall has a camera on their PHONE!!!  Are you going to ask all those people to leave as well?  Hmmmph!  Grinches.



6.  Every dog in my neighborhood is barking right now.  This is the only time I am at all thankful we haven't gotten another dog yet.



7.  Getting proper exposure in the mall is h.a.r.d.


8.  We bought a live Christmas tree last night from CostCo for $43 - such a deal for a 8 footer!  But, it was somewhat anti-climatic for me.  No lot, no lights, no magic.  I only took two pictures with my iPhone because it was so dark, and the two CostCo employees working the tree area were looking at me like I had two heads.  


9.  The tree is still in our garage.  We jus couldn't get it set up before Jaelyn had enough and was ready for bed.  There just aren't enough hours in the day!  I am hoping that we will e able to get set-up and decorating done tonight.  And lots of pictures, too.  Oh, and then there is the Gingerbread house...  seriously, how are there only 16 days left?!?  It doesn't help that I'm all congested and would rather lay on the couch than try to accomplish anything.

10.  Lauren brought home a new library book today called "Mean Soup", where after a bad day a mom and her son scream and make nasty faces into a pot of boiling water.  While it seemed weird while reading it, I am truly considering having the girls try it the next time they won't stop bickering.  Even a weird thing is worth it if it makes them laugh and changes the mood!  I'll keep you updated if we actually do this!  


Until I have more shots to show.... TTFN!


Signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics Claire! I love the picture of Jaelyn. She has such beautiful skin and gorgeous eyes!

I think Brielle and Paige have a very similar "scrunchy" face smile. Sometimes Brielle just smiles and I think she looks like Paige's pictures.

Yea for a real tree! We have one and I just love how our house smells right now.

Anyway-I hope you all are feeling better!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

You're the second person I've heard mention Costco for a Christmas tree...I'm thinking we need to try that too...especially for that price!

Love your pics. You are one talented lady!