Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Butterfly Garden

A couple weeks ago, Tamara and her girls came to town for a visit! We were able to meet up with them at the Desert Botanical Garden, just after they got off their plane and Justin's parents picked them up.

We were really headed there because it was opening weekend at the butterfly garden!

Justin was the first to have one land on him:


Then it was Lauren's turn. She was enamored!


I had to capture Taylor's reaction to the above picture!


Love her!

My girls could have stayed here forever, just staring at the delicate beauty.


Paige was really into identifying them on her chart.



Justin and his beautiful sister that we just don't see enough of! I miss her already!


Jaelyn did really well considering she was confined to the stroller all day long!


This made Lauren's day:


After a while we had to head out and explore a little more of the garden.


Lauren in a hut - they were all planning out how they would set stuff up if they lived in there.


We were looking at these pictures, and Lauren said, "Mommy there aren't many pictures of you." I told her it is because I take almost all the pictures, but if she ever wanted to find me she could look in the reflection of her eyes. I am there. And sunglasses work even better!


Taylor is such a sweet young lady! I really enjoyed talking with her more this visit.


And sweet Ellie-Roo too, of course!!!


Hanging out with Aunt "RaRa".


And making mesquite bean flour:


Did people really eat that? Crazy.

It was a fun day - SO glad we were able to do it!

Signature

2 comments:

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Fun! And as always, super terrific pics lady!!!! :)

Tamara said...

Awww... loved the pics and your comments and I miss you too already - and my beautiful nieces! That day was one of my very favorite things of the whole vacation - the best!