Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lauren's Birthday Party

We had a simple party at home this year, and it was great!  

A little craft to keep the kids busy when they first arrived:



After they played for a bit we did cake.  The chocolate-chocolate cake from CostCo... heaven!



And plenty of presents! Here was her happy-face just for Daddy because Grandma Nel bought her an arrow sling for her archery.


Then, a water balloon fight!



Please take note of Paige's expression in the picture below.


Justin had dumped the bucket of water on the crowd of kids, but Paige and Jaelyn got the brunt of it.  Paige was big-time-massive-meltdown upset because her new dress was wet.
Apparently no one explained the concept of a water-balloon fight thoroughly enough.
Oops.

Here's Lauren air-drying herself.


And Jaelyn drying herself off on the warm playhouse window.  ;)


For the record, this is what Lauren thinks I want when I say I'd like a picture of her on her big day.


And this is what I really want!  Love that goofy girl!


Signature

3 comments:

Justin said...

"Arrow sling for her archery"... come on now. As a bowhunter's wife and soon to be mother of an olympic archer, you need to know the lingo. It's a "target quiver for her arrows". Nice try though. Great pics honey!

Anonymous said...

SHE'S SEVEN!!! I can't believe it! Happy birthday, Lauren!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Fun party!
She looks so grown up---they all do.
Love Justin's comment too. :) I was really impressed when I read that line in your blog...your sound super smart to me. :)