Monday, February 16, 2009

My funny Valentines

For Valentine's Day we took the girls to the Children's Museum. They had the best time exploring all the fun displays, and we had a good time playing along like kids ourselves! I only brought my pocket size camera and was quickly reminded why I lug my SLR everywhere! Please excuse the blurry shots and the ones with crazy colors!

This was by far Paige's favorite, crawling through long tubes and tunnels - she just laughed and laughed! Here both the girls are standing in the "big room" of the tunnel.


Lauren and Daddy riding the Plasmacars. These are SO cool, they are powered by centrifical force, no pedals required!!!


Poor Paige was forced to skip her morning nap - not for lack of trying, though!


Lauren cooking up a pot of soup.


Paige and Daddy enjoying a story together.


Lauren shopped her heart out in the kid-size grocery store and then turned checker and rung herself out, too!


Baking a pizza - they have this neat stone oven with pretend fire and a heat lamp. There are all kinds of fabric scraps to use for toppings - Lauren really enjoyed that!


Delivering her pizza to Daddy and Paige.


Paige is such a good sport about being trapped in the stroller!


You can't really see this - but it had projected the top of a pond with flowers, dragonflies, etc. When they stepped on the platform ripples would go out from their feet. They could have played for hours just with this one thing!


After all this we went home and crashed out - it was a fun and exhausting morning!!!

5 comments:

Jen said...

that is such a fun museum! looks like it wasn't as crowded as the day I took my boys!! the day we went was sooooo packed! :(

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!

Tamara said...

Wow - looks like a super fun museum - it is really amazing to see children lighting up and interested in all the things that we, as adults, so often take for granted. Love their matching outfits and their sweet hair bows - you do such a good job of making them look so adorable!

the swope family said...

Even though I loved my morning at the spa, these pics make me wish we could have joined you!

Anonymous said...

So fun! Those places are the best! I can't believe how grown up Paige is looking! The picture of her in her stroller missing her nap just blew me away! Where is the time going?!