Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dibble BBQ

 
Every year Justin's company puts on a really nice family picnic and this year was no exception!  There were big playgrounds for the kids, a face-painter, a bounce house, and lots of yummy food!
 
The girls had a great day!

 
Paige trying to be a big girl and pretty much freaking Mommy out!  Lauren won't even try to climb on these "stairs"!!!  I keep saying Paige is going to be the first one with a broken bone or needing stitches.  UGH!
This is more my comfort level for a 17 month old:

Lauren's "princess face":
Didn't that painter do a great job?!?  Lauren felt so pretty and asked anyone who would listen if they liked her star.  =)

Paige was not quite as enthusiastic:
But, in her defense she was *really* tired. 

Then came the bouncing!!!
Lauren was having a blast, of course - and Paige started whining to go in too.  I was apprehensive because Lauren freaked out when she was Paige's age when she tried to be in a bouncy at a birthday party.  But, I decided to give it a try since I could always climb into this HUGE one to get her out. 

To my surprise...
 
... she was in heaven!  I had to bribe her to come out with food!  She wanted nothing more than to hang out in there and get bounced around by all the other kids - who were super sweet to her, by the way!
I didn't manage to get a family picture, but we all had a great afternoon in the sunshine!  If only the weather would just stay this way!
Side note:  Yesterday ended up being a very busy day for me, so my TonT post just did not happen.  I am hoping that tomorrow I can do a Ten on Thursday to make up for it! 

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Beautiful pics - love the matching outfits and that face painter did do an awesome job! My girls have NEVER had their faces painted - not even once - other than a VBS deal where some weird lady painted a cross and a funky rainbow on Taylor's cheek that looked bad... makes me want to go get their faces painted! Looking forward to TonTh!!

Carrie said...

What fun!! Great photos!

Colleen said...

I think you have a picture of Lauren on a merry go round with her face like that last year, right? She is beautiful, and I love that Paige was in the bouncer having a good time!