Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1.  It is a very good thing I have TonT to hold me accountable, otherwise this blog would be quite dusty with only the chirping of crickets.  I must find more things to talk about!

2.  I am in an eating rut - I feel like I have no new ideas of healthy things to cook.  And when I find something I'd love to try, often times the grocery budget won't allow for these more extravagant purchases.  Which is frustrating because I am also in a weight loss rut, having not lost anything much in the last month... and I know the two are related!

3.  I bought myself new sunglasses for my birthday, and I can't figure out if I really like them.  I love the lenses, they are Maui Jim's and uber-polarized!  But the frame is a little square-ish and I am not sure if I will get used to it or not.  Luckily, I have a month to take them back for a no-questions asked exchange.  One nice thing about shopping in the mall instead of on Amazon or Ebay!

4.  It seems like there is a major conflict of interest for me to be showing the house I have an offer in on!  People are coming by this afternoon to look at ours, and the other one across the street - and I want to clean up because it is my nature to do so as to not look slovenly, but I also DON'T want them to like it.  I don't want them to put in a higher offer than ours.  But, I am a really lousy liar - so they will be here to see my house at 5PM. 

5.  Probably the most exciting thing about buying a house to me is the opportunity to make a house feel like HOME.  Our first house finally felt like home for the last year that we lived there, and what a difference it makes!  This house, we expected to be out of in six months - so here we sit, eight months later... and it is definitely a house not a home.  I want to paint, decorate, find ways to make our family's imprint all over a space.  So when you come home and plop in a comfy chair there is a big sigh and relaxation.  I want home to be where we want to be, instead of itching to get out of the house every chance we get.  Soon!  Hopefully...

6.  We had a great visit with my parents this last weekend!  I will have a post all about that... once I manage to get all the photos edited.  We went to the zoo, so there are a LOT.  There will be a couple posted on my Frame-A-Day if you just can't wait!  ;)  It was Paige's first trip to the zoo, which I didn't realize until days later.  Nice!

7.  I am convinced that goldfish thrive when you hardly clean their tank. 

8.  Paige is picking up all of Lauren's worst habits.  The girl hates to share, especially with sister - and she actually hides things behind her back!  Then, if you take something away, she will cry and run to stand in the corner - hoping you will feel sorry for her and give it back.  Yikes!  The firstborns are SO much easier!!!

9.  The realtor listing the house across the street called today to update me and said, "Your contract is in contention for approval".  Huh?  Am I the only one that finds that to be a confusing sentence?  Wasn't it in that state since the moment it was faxed to the bank?!?  *sigh*  I am convinced she was only calling so that we don't give up and move on to something else.  Speaking of, I need to make some time to visit realtor.com.  LOL!

10.  It is official.  Triple digits today.  101 degrees.  Very, very sad.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

you and me both with the TonT posts - since I stole it from you! I can just feel the UGH in your post on the house issue - enough already - just an answer would be nice - seriously... ridiculous. Sorry about the weight loss stall - so frustrating... I have been "trying" to eat better - more protein, less sugar - and the numbers stay the same - up and down within a lb. but what I want is down 5-8 lbs. - but I know exercise will have to come into play and so far I just keeping turning up my nose to that idea and finding other things to use up my time!