Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ten on Tuesday (the Easter Version)

 
1.  Yes, this is a cop-out.  I am going to post Easter morning pictures and Ten On Tuesday at the same time.  So sue me.

2.  Why is it that all the big holidays require the suprise to occur upon waking up?  On Christmas it is the complete distraction to toys for the remainder of the day.  On Easter, it is the incessant whining to eat candy.  Now, I have no problem letting my kids indulge in sweets on special days, but before breakfast?!?  That pushes me a little.

3.  The girls loved opening their baskets, and it was very fun to watch Paige really experience everything this year.  She even knew to go right for the good stuff!


4.  I failed to mention in the last blog that Lauren fell on the way to the park.  Ordinarily that is nothing exciting to report - except that this time she somehow landed on her nose.  Or, under her nose... somehow.  Making for b-e-a-utiful Easter pictures:

5.  Like those glasses?  What I found funny about them is that they are really sunglasses, with full 100% UV coverage.  As if I am going to let my kids walk around in public with them on!
6.  I was truly impressed with our church's Easter service.  The pastor managed to deliver an awesome message to both non-Christians and the regular attenders as well.  I was almost dreading having to listen to yet another Easter message geared toward non-believers... and was very blessed by the sermon that I heard.  It was incredibly refreshing!
7.  Lauren has spent the last 24 hours eating.  No joke!  The girl wants more food all the time - now I just have to figure out if it is a growth spurt, or just her way of hoping she will get access to even more of her holiday candy by eating more regular food!
8.  We are not being kicked out of our house yet!  Colleen called it my Easter Monday Miracle - which was pretty accurate!  Three hours before it was supposed to go to auction, the bank delayed it another 30 days.  In the meantime, we are waiting to hear back on our offer, and have just today put another offer in on the house accross the street!  It is the same floorplan, but actually has a few more upgrades - so we are excited about that.
9.  I had a wonderful birthday!  I never usually like the years when my birthday is right near or ON Easter, because one usually gets drowned out by the other - but we had two seperately fun days!  Justin took me to Postino for dinner - a wine cafe.  Fabulous!  Loved the food, and the qulaity time with my hubby.  Yay for 31!
10.  We were running late for church on Easter - shocking.  So, there weren't too many pictures taken of the girls before we left.  After half a dozen attempts at a family picture we were off and running.  When we returned home they were both crabby and wearing their lunch.  This is what we got:
 
I am not above bribery to get just one shot to document what they were wearing!
And, for those of you who think Lauren's dress looks familiar - it is last years' dress.  That is horrible, I know - but the dress I bought her this year was too big.  I guess holding it up in front of her at the store is no longer an acceptable way of determining size.  ;o)  Lucky for me, this dress was there in her closet, spotless from the three hours she wore it last year!

2 comments:

the swope family said...

At least your family pic has both girls looking at the camera. Wait until I upload ours - it is a GREAT shot of the side of Harper's head!!!

As for the constant wanting of candy, I feel your pain. Porter won't stop asking for it. Why do we do this to ourselves??

Anonymous said...

My favorite picture was the one of your girls sitting on the couch after church with lollipops! You've gotta frame that one----so cute!

Happy late Birthday!