Thursday, April 30, 2009

TonT

Ok - better late then never, right?

1.  We are in escrow on the house we are renting!  They accepted our offer and I am still in shock!  It was so unlikely -- they had no counter, no comments, just "yes".   Thank you to all of you who have been praying - God is amazing!

2.  Lauren has had swim lessons every day this week and is doing awesome!  The first day she cried and acted crazy about it, but ever since she has had a blast and is excited to go every morning.  She is doing freestyle overhand strokes and learning to come up for air, as well as recapping for last year with diving for rings and jumping off the diving board.  It almost makes me wish we had a pool.  Almost.

3.  Paige is really into animal noises right now - trying to say ribbit for frogs and meow for cats, but my favorite is birds, "teet teet!"  SO adorable! 


4.  My house gets really messy really fast when my schedule is interrupted with daily swim lessons!  What am I going to do when one kid goes to school?!?  Rearrange my schedule, I guess!

5.  I am still in the same place with my photography business as I was two months ago.  Nowhere, really.  If anyone wants some pictures taken of their kids or family, shoot me an e-mail.  I will give you 20-30 edited images on CD as long as you allow me to use the images for portfolio and marketing purposes.  My procrastination needs to be put to an end!  ;o)  I am also still in the same place with that little table I wanted to refinish six weeks ago - old habits die hard!

6.  We are going to a burger throw down this Saturday and I am super excited!  I am making Italian Pub sliders - we did a test run on them last weekend and they were pretty tasty, a few tweaks and we may have a winner on our hands.  ;o)  Food - finally a kind of competition I can get behind! 

7.  I am obsessed with The Land of Nod furniture.  I daydream about using their shelving systems in the playroom and getting the girls matching beds when we move them into one room down the road.  It will probably never happen... but it is fun to window shop!

8.  What are your feelings on painting the walls and ceiling of a room different colors?  I want to do complimentary colors - just not identical, and not white ceilings because the ones in our house are really high as it is, we don't need to make them appear higher.  I don't know what is stylish right now, it has been a long time since I decorated a room.  Can you tell I am excited?!?  I told you I am EAGER to put our mark on a place, and I can think of a better way to do that than with paint and photographs!

9.  Lauren was given her very first bike!  She is so excited, but we haven't had a chance to properly take it out yet - unless you count doing circles in the playroom.  Our friends Dwayne & Krista have a six year old daughter who got a new bike and so they brought Lauren her old one!  So sweet and thoughtful!  I just can't believe she is old enough to have a bike... when did that happen!?!

10.  Funny thing - apparently the UPS man thinks our house is vacant.  A package was supposed to be delivered last Friday and he sent us a postcard telling us to contact UPS to have it forwarded.  I know our weeds have gotten pretty bad... but if he rang the doorbell our extremely noisy Schnauzer would have been glad to inform him that it was not at all vacant.  Sheesh!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Just had to go check out Land of Nod - new to me - fun stuff - clean lines and simple - I requested a catalogue to peruse... fun mail. Crazy UPS guy - how annoying!! Glad to hear that Lauren is doing so great with swimming - little fish!

Anonymous said...

Your posts always crack me up! Glad the whole house thing is finally calming down and working out... although, I really wish you guys would have come out our direction. Only for selfish reasons of course. :)