Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Fancy Soiree

First, a look at the invitation for those of you who didn't get one:

Lauren loves the Fancy Nancy books, and she loves to play dress up - so this theme worked perfectly for a party at home! While I believe there is a lot to be siad for the less stressful birthday party at a location, I wanted a chance to be able to visit with all our friends and family, plus practice my love of hostessing! ;o)

Lauren's choice of attire included seven bracelets, five necklaces, nine hair clips, and three different pairs of dress-up shoes! Yes, the girl had wardrobe changes mid-party. She is that glamorous!

Our friends and family were great sports about donning various dress-up attire to become "fancy". The homemade tissue-paper bow ties were my personal favorite!

Our Posh Family without Paige.
She was sleeping for the first half of the party. All the pre-party set up must have worn her out!

Some of the dolled-up kiddos...

Porter and Lauren hanging in the adorable playhouse my parents gave her.
(I will throw in a better pic of it at the end.)

The kids had tea sandwiches in peanut-butter & honey, nutella & banana, and ham & cheese.
There were subs for the grown-ups too!

Some of our frilly decorations:

The Grandmas had to be the biggest proponents for the dressing up part!

I couldn't find a grocer that made fancy enough cupcakes, so I had to roll my own!

I was actually quite nervous at this moment, thinking that her costume might just be flammable!

My girl goes right for the frosting and leaves the cake part behind!

Finally, someone else decided to join the party!

She doesn't look sleepy or anything!
But she perked right up when Grandma Nel gave her a little gift of her own to open!

Everyone loves a good gift-opening session! ;o)

And last, the promised picture of the playhouse. We put this together on Friday night so that Saturday morning she could go out and see it first thing. Now it is part of the morning routine: 1. wake up 2. play in playhouse 3. Cry when it is time to come in for breakfast.
=)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That party looks perfect...and pretty fancy! You're a good mom for throwing such a great bash. LOVE the Grandma's! How sweet!

Colleen said...

VERY FUN! I am sad I missed it! Your decorations are SUPER CUTE!!!!

Carrie said...

Those girls are so lucky to have a Mommy like you!