Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Lauren had swim lessons all last week and did a great job!  I love our coach - one day of whining and after that the kids are having a blast!  Porter wasn't in our class, he was in the one after us - but on the last day we were together, and those two had the best time!

2.  On day two of swimming Lauren was in the deep end every moment that Bonnie was not working with her - going off the board and swimming from side to side.  Do you like her form?
;)
3.  Because she spent so much time in the water her eyes were R-E-D!  And burning, apparently.  Because that is all I heard about for an hour afterward.  So, we went to the store and found kid goggles in pink, which she loved.  My only concern is that she might never want to swim without goggles again.


4.  Paige was very jealous of Lauren getting to be in the water - so she had to be distracted with snacks.  For an entire hour, six days in a row.  Maybe that is why she is now getting into her next size of clothes! 

5.  Lauren had her first trip to the dentist today.  I was amazed because she never had even the slightest problem with the exam, cleaning, or x-rays!  What a trooper!!!  The hygienist even said, "Are you SURE you haven't done this before?"  I guess there is something to be said for waiting until your child is truly ready.  And, she has perfect teeth - no problems.  Yay!  The dentist did say that she will probably need braces later because her mouth is SO small.  I about fell over when they showed us the x-rays and her HUGE adult teeth were above the baby teeth.  I am not sure how they will all fit!

6.  My girls definitely do their fair share of fighting already - but Paige is entering into a stage of wanting to hug Lauren and do everything together.  So far, Lauren doesn't seem to mind.  I am trying to encourage it as much as possible, even if it involves a little Curious George.
 
7.  It looks like we are going to get to buy this house we are renting.  We went to sign a TON of papers on Monday to lock our loan.  As long as the underwriting all goes smoothly, we should be home owners again by the end of the month!  Justin and I are in awe of how this has all worked out - and we give all the credit to God!  There is no reason they should have accepted our low offer!  I am still shocked that we are buying this house for less than we sold our 1350 square foot home for a year ago!!!  I am anxiously awaiting the results of our appraisal so I can be even more excited about this purchase.
8.  It seems WRONG, but I was kind of hoping to have to move.  We have had some serious short-timers syndrome with this house, thinking there was NO WAY it was going to happen.  So, things have kind of piled up and I have said to myself, "I'll go through all of it when we move."  Ha!  Not moving.  So now I feel like we need to empty a whole room and then put everything back again.  Which sounds good in theory, only I don't have a deadline (moving date) so I fear that I will never get around to doing all of it!
9.  Speaking of getting things done...I haven't done nearly enough to get ready for Lauren's party.  And the invite seems to have put out some high expectations.  Better move that to the top of the list... wait, didn't I say that last week?  UGH.
10.  I have a new goal to try and lower our grocery budget significantly.  Money Saving Mom is helping me out with some ideas.  I *might* even try the whole CVS system of getting things for free.  Sounds complicated, but I have decided that if spending less on food can help us to save for a good vacation once a year, it is worth the effort to me!  As long as I can do it and still buy healthy food.  That is my MAIN concern right now.  I will let you know how it goes!
 
Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Loved your post - as always and I really do believe you can save a ton of money in a lot of areas by learning the "system" and then the money saved can be used to buy the important things you need that aren't super sale items. CVS and Walgreens are great deals for toiletry stuff - free that is...

Karissa said...

I am so jealous of all you arizonees with your fish for children! We will be lucky to get in an outdoor pool by june! :( The girls are as adorable as ever and congrats to lauren for the perfect smile!

Carrie said...

great TonT! Love the water pics! I've fallen behind on TonT the last two weeks because Susanna is battling her first cold. My whole post would have been about green mucus and rectal thermomenters. Hopefully I'll get back into the game next week.

Also, super news about the house!

the swope family said...

Love the picture of the girls watching George! Too cute!