Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The one who taught me Mommyhood

Four years ago today I became a Mom.
I was exhausted.
 I was exhilarated.
Every experience was new, exciting, and scary.
And I knew my life was forever changed.
 
Three years ago I was in awe.
Amazed at how fast she learned.
I loved watching her while she slept.
Teaching her how to walk and talk.
Anxiously awaiting each new milestone.
Not knowing I would soon wish
they had not come so fast.

 
Two years ago I was the Mommy of a toddler.
Enjoying all our new adventures together.
Playing games, laughing, talking.
Expecting our next baby, but calm with experience.
Amazed at the personality of this sweet little person 
who I spend every day with.
How blessed I am to be at home with my children!

 
One year ago I became the Mom of a preschooler.
Singing songs, reading and writing.
Learning to do things "by herself",
while I was never far away.
Watching her become a big sister
while growing strong tastes, likes and dislikes
that I would not have ever expected.
Giving butterfly kisses and receiving bear hugs.

 
Today, I am Mommy to a four year old.
Who makes me smile every day with her silliness.
She loves to make people laugh!
A girl who is independant, yet loves to cuddle on the couch together.
One who loves books, stickers, drawing, and being outside.
She loves to sing, making up her own song as she goes.
And even when she just won't look at my camera, ;o)
I am so grateful that I get to be her Mom.

6 comments:

Justin said...

sniff, sniff, our little girl is growing up quick!

the swope family said...

Happy Birthday sweet Lauren!

Tamara said...

Happy, happy 4th birthday beautiful Lauren - you have a wonderful mommy and daddy and though the years are just rolling by way too fast, I know without a doubt that you will always be your mommy's baby girl - even if you are too big to snuggle in her lap - you will do it anyway and she'll always be the place you'll go when you need that kind of hug only mom's can give... love you so much sweet girl.

Colleen said...

What a precious little, I mean BIG, girl you have! Hope she had a wonderful birthday!

Carrie said...

that was beautiful! Happy birthday Lauren!

Brad said...

That was awesome Claire. Made the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up. She is wonderful!